What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 11” m4, 7th generation?

rshew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if below is compatible with the iPad Pro 11” m4, 7th generation?
I can only find magic keyboards for 3,4,5,6 but not for 7th, this one below does not specify what generation it is compatible with?

Apple Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 11" (M4) - White - English​

Brand: Apple
Model Number: MWR03LL/A

Does anyone know if below is compatible with the iPad Pro 11” m4, 7th generation?
I can only find magic keyboards for 3,4,5,6 but not for 7th, this one below does not specify what generation it is compatible with?

Apple Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 11" (M4) - White - English​

Brand: Apple
Model Number: MWR03LL/A
Hello again - here's the Amazon LINK for the Magic Keyboard Case (11-inch M4 iPad Pro) if you want more than a simple case - will add some weight and thickness plus pricey, so consider your needs - I use a separate keyboard (KB) with my iPad but not that often - makes entry a lot easier than pecking at the on-screen KB - thus if you're going to do a lot of entry (e.g. the combo replacing a laptop or desktop computer), then looks like an excellent choice. Good luck - Dave :)

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 4.52.20 PM.png

The iPad Pro 11 (M4) and the iPad Pro 11' m4, 7th generation are the same device. Just slightly different ways of saying the same thing. At this point, there are only two M4 devices. The newest iPad Pro 13, and iPad Pro 11, both considered the 7th generation.

Though I'm not sure why. Technically the smaller iPad Pro should only be on it's 5th generation. But Apple (and other companies) have been known to skip generation names for the sake of marketing.

The two important things to note are the size (11") and the processor (M4), and of course iPad Pro. There is also an iPad Air 11", and the keyboard is not compatible between those two models.

@rshew
I‘ve removed the other thread you started, asking the same question.

Keeping the discussion about a topic (question, problem) in one thread will get you better results.

@rshew
I‘ve removed the other thread you started, asking the same question.

Keeping the discussion about a topic (question, problem) in one thread will get you better results.
Sorry, My Bad J.A.

Update,
I did buy the Magic Keyboard as described in this thread from Best Buy and “Yes” it does fit the iPad Pro 11” m4. 7 generation, I’m very pleased with the quality and function of this keyboard….

The iPad Pro 11 (M4) and the iPad Pro 11' m4, 7th generation are the same device. Just slightly different ways of saying the same thing. At this point, there are only two M4 devices. The newest iPad Pro 13, and iPad Pro 11, both considered the 7th generation.

Though I'm not sure why. Technically the smaller iPad Pro should only be on it's 5th generation. But Apple (and other companies) have been known to skip generation names for the sake of marketing.

The two important things to note are the size (11") and the processor (M4), and of course iPad Pro. There is also an iPad Air 11", and the keyboard is not compatible between those two models.
Thank You twerppoet…..

The Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro typically works across different generations
Not always and especially the new iPad Pro M4.
@ Monaldas - Apple offers a number of keyboards (KB) - see the compatibility chart below (Apple Support) - my old iPad KB (bought in 2011 w/ batteries) just died, so bought the second one on the list below with a rechargeable battery - works fine w/ my old 11" iPad Pro and wife's new M2 Air - thus, a lot of options (e.g. small KB, full KB, folios) - pick correctly. Dave

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 10.14.31 AM.png

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back