What's new

Playing I Pad through audio equipment

Thomasp

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
3
What do I use to connect the I Pad to a tuner amp so I can play my music through it?

I like many of the radio stations on tune in radio, and it would be cool to play them through a quality speaker system.
Any ideas please,
 
I use a simple cable with headphone plug at each end, and take the output from the iPad headphone socket. Cables are available with audio stereo connectors.
 
I have a cable that fits the iPad headphone jack on one end, and has a stereo pair of RCA plugs on the other, which I plug into my preamp's AUX input. It should work fine on the average receiver, though a good hifi will reveal the limitations of the iPad's DAC and headphone amp.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.
 
I have a cable that fits the iPad headphone jack on one end, and has a stereo pair of RCA plugs on the other, which I plug into my preamp's AUX input. It should work fine on the average receiver, though a good hifi will reveal the limitations of the iPad's DAC and headphone amp.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

RCA. Thanks, Lanny. Couldn't remember the name. That would be it.
 
My Apple TV only has HDMI and Optical Audio outputs. Most audio equipment has either RCA stereo inputs or a mini stereo jack. So I'll go with Lanny C for the best reply to OP.
 
Many thanks for the very comprehensive answers. Appreciated. Will try soon.
 
My Apple TV only has HDMI and Optical Audio outputs. Most audio equipment has either RCA stereo inputs or a mini stereo jack.

While this is certainly true in my experience, there ARE a great many audio (home theater type) systems that have HDMI and SPDIF optical input. For those who have such systems and a compatible streamer device, streaming via something like an appleTV seems like a very viable option.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom