What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari icons

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just updated my iPad 10 to iPadOS 18. How do I get my large Safari start page favorites icons back?

Last edited:
Do you mean the ones yiu get when you swipe all the way to the left, where the screen blurs and you have nothing but widgets?

If so, you were probably using old widgets from a few years back. Support for them has been discontinued.

Long press on the screen, then select the (+) button at the top left. With a little luck you'll find a newer widget that will be close enough for what you want.

Keep in mind that you can now add widgets to any screen, and place them pretty much anywhere on the screen. You may prefer that if you give it a try. It's still kind of finicky to arrainge.

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 1
No, not widgets on my Home screen. I set my Safari default start page to show my Favorites bookmarks. They are now about 1/4 their former size (half as wide, half as tall). I can’t find a pref to reverse this silly default.

Lately, Apple seems to include more useless “features” and fewer user choices with each release. I guess by this point I should have learned to just stop updating.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back