What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using 5 iPads under iCloud for photo sharing with sales reps

Mike1978

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping someone here can help me...

I am a business owner and own a iPad 2. I use it a lot for showing my clients photographs of our products and would now like to buy 4 more iPads for my sales reps, located around the country to use when on sales trips to show other clients nationwide. I want them to have the same photographs I have on my iPad and to be able to update them on all 5 devices from my office without having to manually sync or have all the iPads in the same location.

I have heard that iCloud could be a good solution, in that I can put the photos I want onto the cloud and we all share the same apple ID to get the same content.

I just want to know if this is going to work for us before I purchase anymore iPads. Does it matter if they are iPad 1
Or 2? Is there a limit on data etc. that can be shared?

Thanks in advance.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't think there is a limit on the data that can be shared, just a limit on the data stored. 5gb free.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I tested iCloud with 3 iOS devices (2 iPads and 1 iPod touch). Photostream worked perfectly.
Whatever photo I had on one device got replicated on the other two.

Hope this helps.

Knut

Jamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Sugarsync it works perfectly for our reps. We also all use Contacts Journal this also backs up to icloud, works and syncs perfectly between iPhone and iPad and the company are also working on a mac version. As an Area Sales Manager I could not manage without Contacts Journal, try it! it's cheap too.

Last edited by a moderator:

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Mike1978 said:
Hi,

Hoping someone here can help me...

I am a business owner and own a iPad 2. I use it a lot for showing my clients photographs of our products and would now like to buy 4 more iPads for my sales reps, located around the country to use when on sales trips to show other clients nationwide. I want them to have the same photographs I have on my iPad and to be able to update them on all 5 devices from my office without having to manually sync or have all the iPads in the same location.

I have heard that iCloud could be a good solution, in that I can put the photos I want onto the cloud and we all share the same apple ID to get the same content.

I just want to know if this is going to work for us before I purchase anymore iPads. Does it matter if they are iPad 1
Or 2? Is there a limit on data etc. that can be shared?

Thanks in advance.

If all have iOS 6 you could use the shared fotostream - this way the different iPads must not use the same Apple ID.

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As hpulmer said, the best option for this is shared photo streams in iOS 6. With this you can share pictures with your own apple ID to people with different apple IDs. It's basically a folder of pictures in the cloud, and you can invite select people to view them.

Since it is an iOS 6 only feature, the iPad 1 is not supported. The limit would be 5GB (assuming you don't have anything else in the cloud, such as iCloud backup of the iPad or single app file backups) but you could pay 20$ a year to increase the storage to 15GB, 40$ a year for 25GB, or 100$ a year for a whopping 55GB. But depending on how many pictures you're planning to upload, and how much you use iCloud for backups, 5GB should be plenty.

Alternate options would be a third party cloud apps such as Dropbox, box, sugarsync, skydrive, google drive, the list goes on. These would work with most smart mobile devices nowadays, so if one of your colleagues has an android tablet or phone, they could also view them. I've never used them for "sharing" per say, but I do believe most of them do have a sharing feature.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts