What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What music are you listening to right now!?!?

KevinJS said:
Tell me about it. I saw Rick in concert just before I left the UK. Between his solo albums and his work with Yes, I've been listening to his stuff for most of my life. First album I ever bought was Journey to the Centre of the Earth.

I have one of his books too. "Grumpy Old Rock Star". It's hilarious. One of his tales concerns the time he and his band drank a plane dry, twice.

Journey to the centre of the earth is one of the longest songs you'll ever see in an album, almost 40 minutes long!

Last edited:
Listening to Libera in Concert now. Anyone who likes choir music should check this lot out. They are from South London in the UK, and make quite a magical noise. Takes me back to my own days in the choir. Dunno what happened. I can't carry a tune in a bucket these days.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Listening to Libera in Concert now. Anyone who likes choir music should check this lot out. They are from South London in the UK, and make quite a magical noise. Takes me back to my own days in the choir. Dunno what happened. I can't carry a tune in a bucket these days.

Listening to them right now on youtube. Very very good boys choir. Reminds me of The Vienna Boys Choir a little bit. Thanks for the suggestion.

iJamesH said:
Listening to them right now on youtube. Very very good boys choir. Reminds me of The Vienna Boys Choir a little bit. Thanks for the suggestion.

Glad you like it. Two songs worth hunting down are "Time"and "Gloria". The latter is based on Saint-Saën's Organ Symphony #3. They really belt it out.

The last note on "I am the Day" at the Leiden concert literally makes my hair stand on end. I had no idea it's possible for a human voice to reach that pitch.

Glad you like it. Two songs worth hunting down are "Time"and "Gloria". The latter is based on Saint-Saën's Organ Symphony #3. They really belt it out.

The last note on "I am the Day" at the Leiden concert literally makes my hair stand on end. I had no idea it's possible for a human voice to reach that pitch.

I'm actually very moved by them their voices are so incredible I want to go out and get their entire collection.

lol. I think they have that effect on a lot of people.

They used to go by the name of Angel Voices. I think their discography runs into about 10 albums and a DVD. Google Robert Prizeman. He's the musical director. That should point you in the direction of their online store.

lol. I think they have that effect on a lot of people.

They used to go by the name of Angel Voices. I think their discography runs into about 10 albums and a DVD. Google Robert Prizeman. He's the musical director. That should point you in the direction of their online store.

Thanks!!!

Yup! You got me onto them last year Kevin. I have two cd's now. Beautiful voices.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

The Vienna Boys Choir, performing the Blue Danube, by Johann Strauss II.

Last edited by a moderator:
scifan57 said:
The Vienna Boys Choir, performing the Blue Danube, by Johann Strauss II.

YouTube Link: http://youtu.be/KWi-LDVXHgE

Thanks for that, scifan. I don't think I ever heard it sung before. I used to have a CD of the New Years Day concert in Vienna from about 1982. The choir sang Leichtes Blut and the Radetsky March. Unfortunately, the CD never made it to Canada when I moved.

KevinJS said:
Thanks for that, scifan. I don't think I ever heard it sung before. I used to have a CD of the New Years Day concert in Vienna from about 1982. The choir sang Leichtes Blut and the Radetsky March. Unfortunately, the CD never made it to Canada when I moved.

You're welcome. I'm sure that most people don't even realize that there ARE lyrics for it.
In regards to the CD, I'm sure that eBay would have one available.

Beethoven Symphony 9, second movement, Rene Leibowitz conducting the Royal Philharmonic, on a Chesky CD reissue of a Readers Digest box set from 1962. (I have the LP version, too, but I was too lazy tonight to put it on.) It's my favorite Ninth, for both sound and performance.

Life is good.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.
i love Beethoven too,choral music is a favourite of mine,Vivaldi's Gloria and Handel's Zadoc the Priest are lovely.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back