What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't seem to get the wifi syncing to work. It will only sync when I am connected to computer via USB. When I plug into the charger, it does nothing.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like my earlier take on iTunes on iCloud wasn't accurate, according to this article comparing iCloud to other offerings...

Cloud music showdown: Apple vs. Amazon vs. Google | 9 to 5 Mac

I like the idea of cloud storage for up to 20,000 of my songs, but I don't like the idea that I would be downloading full files to my devices. Backup is valuable and syncing for all of my devices is a positive aspect of the program, however I was hoping to keep storage needs down on my iPad (and Macbook Air) but if iCloud doesn't offer a streaming option it's value is certainly reduced, at least in my eyes. It still looks better than the competition, particularly the other aspects of syncing photos, documents and more but it could be better with regard to iTunes. Hopefully they'll improve it over time.

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will not want my entire iTunes lib on my iPad. I just want to upload selected songs or playlists to icloud. Is it clear to anyone yet if this will be possible?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Montereybob said:
I will not want my entire iTunes lib on my iPad. I just want to upload selected songs or playlists to icloud. Is it clear to anyone yet if this will be possible?

It won't. :(
All or nothing.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will not want my entire iTunes lib on my iPad. I just want to upload songs or playlists to icloud. Is it clear to anyone yet if this will be possible?
My music library won't fit on my iPad. Based on other articles I've read what you're suggesting should be possible. It sounds like we'll even be able to have Playlists and such.

What I wonder is if we'll be able to be selective about which songs, playlists, etc. we can sync with each device.

I guess only time will tell.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
My music library won't fit on my iPad. Based on other articles I've read what you're selecting should be possible. It sounds like we'll even be able to have Playlists and such.

What I wonder is if we'll be able to be selective about which songs, playlists, etc. we can sync with each device.

Let me see what I can do....

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
My music library won't fit on my iPad. Based on other articles I've read what you're selecting should be possible. It sounds like we'll even be able to have Playlists and such.

Let me see what I can do....
Ha...let us know what Steve has to say. :D

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
most likely no activated yet in that beta. it is not unusable for some parts of the ios 5 to be still under development Each new Beta upgrade will add more features

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone notice the new "purchased" tab in the app store.....with icloud integration....so when we tap the cloud on this screen...are we simply re-installing onto device?

Last edited:

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Anyone notice the new "purchased" tab in the app store.....with icloud integration....so when we tap the cloud on this screen...are we simply re-installing onto device?

I noticed this a few nights ago. What is this for?

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Montereybob said:

I think it's all or nothing upload but I recall seeing a screen shot where the tracks show up in iTunes on your device and you touch the cloud symbol next to it if you want it to download onto your device.......so I could be wrong but you should be fine.

The Archangel

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
I noticed this a few nights ago. What is this for?

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

If you read further back in this thread you will see I commented a couple of days ago.....

iWant my iCloud

Most reactions

Latest posts