What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad unlock from Apple question

eklipse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, Ipad and iphone are the same as far as unlocks right? So, I just got my iphone/ipad unlocked by apple due to completing my 2-year contract with a certain provider. Now my question is after I unlock the iphone/ipad which it did after doing a restore to IOS 5.01, will I be able to jailbreak the said iphone/ipad and still keep the unlock? kinda of confusing to understand but i'm pretty sure most of the admin and veteran forum understand what i'm trying to ask. anyways, thanks for anyone who can help me with this. I'm just worried since my iphone/ipad is already unlocked, i might loose it after I jailbreak it and won't be able to unlock again through apple itunes. thanks...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You cannot lock a factory / officially unlocked device by restoring it. You have nothing to worry about. If your iPad is unlocked it will remain so.

OP
E

eklipse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot lock a factory / officially unlocked device by restoring it. You have nothing to worry about. If your iPad is unlocked it will remain so.

so its safe to say I can still jailbreak and my device will still be unlocked...

Most reactions

Latest posts