What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ads now Appearing in Outlook for iPad and iPhone

tigerdg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While on vacation recently, I had great difficulty with MS Outlook on my iPad and iPhone. I have a Microsoft 365 subscription, which includes the mobile apps. Outlook stopped working and kept asking me to enter my credentials. I would enter what I knew to be the correct password, but it still kept asking me to enter my credentials. Eventually I solved by by deleting my account, uninstalling Outlook, reinstalling Outlook and re-adding my account. (I didn't lose anything because both devices are set up using IMAP.)

How, however, I am faced with having to put up with ads appearing in my inbox on both devices. When I ask why am I seeing these ads, it says it's because I have the "free" version of Outlook. Try as I might, I can't figure out how to install the paid version of Outlook (which I had before). Will someone please explain to me how I do this? Thanks very much for any help.

I tried uninstalling all Microsoft 365 apps, including Outlook, deleting my email account and then reinstalling and adding everything, but that did not work.

I have an iPhone 14 and and iPad Pro.

While on vacation recently, I had great difficulty with MS Outlook on my iPad and iPhone. I have a Microsoft 365 subscription, which includes the mobile apps. Outlook stopped working and kept asking me to enter my credentials. I would enter what I knew to be the correct password, but it still kept asking me to enter my credentials. Eventually I solved by by deleting my account, uninstalling Outlook, reinstalling Outlook and re-adding my account. (I didn't lose anything because both devices are set up using IMAP.)

How, however, I am faced with having to put up with ads appearing in my inbox on both devices. When I ask why am I seeing these ads, it says it's because I have the "free" version of Outlook. Try as I might, I can't figure out how to install the paid version of Outlook (which I had before). Will someone please explain to me how I do this? Thanks very much for any help.

I tried uninstalling all Microsoft 365 apps, including Outlook, deleting my email account and then reinstalling and adding everything, but that did not work.

I have an iPhone 14 and and iPad Pro.
I think the best thing you can do now is contact Microsoft directly.

I think that is a good idea; however, I have no idea how to do that. If Microsoft has a customer help line, I'm unaware of it; I think it must be a closely guarded secret. ;) If you know of a method (even email or chat), I'd be most appreciative if you could share that with me.

I think that is a good idea; however, I have no idea how to do that. If Microsoft has a customer help line, I'm unaware of it; I think it must be a closely guarded secret. ;) If you know of a method (even email or chat), I'd be most appreciative if you could share that with me.
There is a help and Feedback option in settings in Microsoft’s individual Apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back