What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleted Email

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wasn’t getting my emails from gmail so I deleted the app and thought I would reinstall. I am having a problem getting my account to sync with my ipad mini. Anyone with any ideascwhwt to do. TIA

I don’t know how to get gmail back into my mail app on my iPad mini. I am freaking out. Can anyone advise please.

I hope this is what you need:

If you‘re using the built in Mail app:
In Settings, go to Mail, select Accounts, then go to Add Account. Select Google, enter your Gmail address and password. If you use 2-Step Verification, confirm that you are trying to login somewhere else (computer, …). Then select, what iOS can access, and save the account.

If you‘re using the Gmail app:
Open the Gmail app, go to Sign in. If the app remembers the account, you just have to confirm it and allow to receive notifications. Otherwise you‘ll have to add the account.

If the problem is different, please explain what isn‘t working, and what you‘ve tried so far.

I‘ve merged both your threads about this issue. Keeping the information in one thread will more likely result in helpful advice.

I hope this is what you need:

If you‘re using the built in Mail app:
In Settings, go to Mail, select Accounts, then go to Add Account. Select Google, enter your Gmail address and password. If you use 2-Step Verification, confirm that you are trying to login somewhere else (computer, …). Then select, what iOS can access, and save the account.

If you‘re using the Gmail app:
Open the Gmail app, go to Sign in. If the app remembers the account, you just have to confirm it and allow to receive notifications. Otherwise you‘ll have to add the account.

If the problem is different, please explain what isn‘t working, and what you‘ve tried so far.

I‘ve merged both your threads about this issue. Keeping the information in one thread will more likely result in helpful advice.
Thanks for responding. For some reason I can’t do the two step verification. Nothing works. I chatted with Apple but they just gave me the same directions. I sent them screenshots of what I was getting but still no resolution. I have the app on my phone. I guess I will just have to use that. Thanks again. #stress

Hello, can anyone help me with getting gmail onto my Apple mail app? I was having problems so 8 stupidly deleted the mail app thinking it would be easy to install. It’s not. Gmail and their two step verification keeps screwing me up. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back