What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Two days left till st. Patricks day, i hope they come up with a new element and a new rare dragon which requires that element for the new ipad 3. I want something more :)

The thing about the road to a Gold Shrine is that the time is set by how long it takes to generate the money to buy the food rather than the breeding time of the dragons, even the Panlongs. You need 17 million coins to buy the food you need, and you will be hard pressed to generate that in a day and a half, even with the utmost optimised coin generating set up. The 100 dragons required as an average is 170 million you've got to generate and whilst it seems like a good idea to spend 17 million on the dragons you have, it's really delaying you if your goal is to turn your shrines Gold as fast as possible.

Having said that, my imaginary starting point had 103 dragons already leveled up. This was sort of "I've leveled up my favourites and want to know where to go from here." And it was entirely based on Efficiency, not fun, aesthetics or any of the myriad of factors which affect how someone play the game.
Sorry if you resented my comment as critising your methodology, wasn t meant like this. Nonetheless, in the end, all depends on various factors like the time you have to collect coins, the amount of time you are ready to block one cave fir breeding - as you never know when a new dragon is going to show up - and finally, if you are interested to achieve the goal in the long run or as quickly as possible, ie if you do not care a dam wether these shrines turn gold or not, which is perfectly legitimate.

Vivipilou said:
Re Fletches impressive "how to" report, just a side note, breeding 36 panlongs will take you 54 days, provided you set a pair to breed immediately after one is finished. So, around mid may you can start with the other breedings lol
My advice, level up all hybrid dragons you have to level 15 first and then make a list of what you have and what you need.
Easy job with spreadsheets.
For my part, i don t think i could sell a dragon which has taken 2 x 36 hours to get, you get attached to these little beasts.
Ah, and give you some kind a reward when you achieve a step towards the shrine. For ex. I put another golden stone around the shrine each time i have 10 more dragons towards the 50 required. Kind of showing that i make progresses.

That's a nice slow way to go though my pans are totalling 42 plus one breeding and one hatching I have been doing these for about 8 weeks with breaks while breeding for love ,LYD and clover I have sped up quite a bit usually when they get down to the last 10 hrs so I can get it out of the cave and the next one breeding but not all the time ,this way though it gives me time to buy enough food to feed them as I had only 3 silver shrines when pan came out it seemed an obvious way for me to get four gold shrines on minimum food as my air and water shrines were still bronze with only 7 dragons each levelled to 10 I was more focused on getting rare dragons I still wanted than starting on shrines i actually wasn't going to bother with them at all until The pans were released x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10 my sons GCID coxy 26

demonioazul said:
My lucky streak continues! After breeding my first panlong yesterday, I got my second one today with just one mud in between! I also got my elusive seaweed, so I'm well on my way. Happy dance!

Yay congrats x x x what comco did you get your seaweed from

sunfresh said:
Yup, I wanna try for second one. Not giving high hopes though.. One is good for now.. Hahaha

Fingers crossed x x x

VDL04 said:
Thats what i thought! Must've started veeeeery young ;)

Tiffany xoxo

I had my first son when I'd just turned 19 and I didn't look that good then in fact I look better now weight wise lmao !!! GTs a super hot mama x x x

tristan97tfj said:
Like this too:)

Treasure!!!!!

GCID tristan97tfj :) 8)(without the smileys)

Woohoo you've got patience lol x x x

dragonwish said:
Me and my intelligent five year old son who is "wrenflame" and plays dragonvale on his own. He checks on his dragons all day long and is at level 21! So proud of him! :) he was lucky enough up get the LYD!

Aww tell him congrats x x x

tristan97tfj said:
Two days left till st. Patricks day, i hope they come up with a new element and a new rare dragon which requires that element for the new ipad 3. I want something more :)

Mee tooo I want a dragon that has tree elements plant lightening and cold that will help even more for my shrines lmao x x x

Cox780770 said:
Mee tooo I want a dragon that has tree elements plant lightening and cold that will help even more for my shrines lmao x x x

Tree elements we can do without lol

Hazel gcid: hazzarrd13

Vivipilou said:
Sorry if you resented my comment as critising your methodology, wasn t meant like this. Nonetheless, in the end, all depends on various factors like the time you have to collect coins, the amount of time you are ready to block one cave fir breeding - as you never know when a new dragon is going to show up - and finally, if you are interested to achieve the goal in the long run or as quickly as possible, ie if you do not care a dam wether these shrines turn gold or not, which is perfectly legitimate.

Personally, I think the gold shrines are ugly!! I wont be pushing myself to achieve them

St paddys day dragon available. Takes plant and earth.
I haven't been playing lately but saw the notice for this new one so I think I'll acquire the new one. ;). Breed it that is. Hope it's easy.

Emma_soji said:
St paddys day dragon available. Takes plant and earth.
I haven't been playing lately but saw the notice for this new one so I think I'll acquire the new one. ;). Breed it that is. Hope it's easy.

Don't hold your breath. Quite a few people have had some problems. Must use moss with plant hybrid. Can produce trees and miss which take ages. Happy breeding. ;-)

Hazel gcid: hazzarrd13

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back