What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email disappeared in transit??? 5th Gen/IOS 16.7.8

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

In the trash folder for one of my email addresses, I tried to move a message from there to the Drafts folder.
I did a left swipe.....move message.....Drafts.
It went somewhere, but not into the drafts folder??
Can't find it anywhere. Gone from trash!!
Does anyone know where it could have gone??
I checked all of the other email Drafts.
Thanks, Ken

Thanks but I didn't know what notification you're referring to?
i just tried to move the email to Drafts From Trash.
Ken

It said Drafts, Delete and so on.

The options that appear when you swipe right or left on an email are configurable in Settings > Mail > Swipe Options.

I can only think of two possibilites. One is that your Drafts folder is not where you think it is. Make sure you expand you're account so you can see all the folders in it. Not just the ones that appear automatically at the top.

Keep in mind that with some account types it can take a while for emails to show up in folders after being moved. This is because the actual folder is on the server, and Mail needs to update both the server, and it's own folder info.

Also, if this is a Goggle account, Mail can sometimes have weird issues. Google does not use standard IMAP. The archive/label system works differently than folders, even though they look the same on the surface. This has caused problems with IMAP email clients like Mail in the past.

If that is the case, log into Gmail in a browser to double check where the email ended up.

The options that appear when you swipe right or left on an email are configurable in Settings > Mail > Swipe Options.

I can only think of two possibilites. One is that your Drafts folder is not where you think it is. Make sure you expand you're account so you can see all the folders in it. Not just the ones that appear automatically at the top.

Keep in mind that with some account types it can take a while for emails to show up in folders after being moved. This is because the actual folder is on the server, and Mail needs to update both the server, and it's own folder info.

Also, if this is a Goggle account, Mail can sometimes have weird issues. Google does not use standard IMAP. The archive/label system works differently than folders, even though they look the same on the surface. This has caused problems with IMAP email clients like Mail in the past.

If that is the case, log into Gmail in a browser to double check where the email ended up.
Thanks again,
Yes, I did log onto the Google email a while back and no drafts are there. Empty.
Ken

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back