What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting toooo hot

agnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, now a days I am playing more 3d games like infinity blade, blood and glory etc... And the iPad is getting too hot. Even the screen is hot.and also battery drains so fast.... I think this is gradually increasing ...Can I get it replaced? FYI , I am in India- chennai to be precise. I want a refund or replacement so that I can go for iPad 4. Can this be possible in India ?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, now a days I am playing more 3d games like infinity blade, blood and glory etc... And the iPad is getting too hot. Even the screen is hot.and also battery drains so fast.... I think this is gradually increasing ...Can I get it replaced? FYI , I am in India- chennai to be precise. I want a refund or replacement so that I can go for iPad 4. Can this be possible in India ?

From the date of your first post, it would seem that your iPad would still be under the manufacturer's 12 months warranty for a few more months. Why not ask about your problem where you bought it, as a first step?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW, Apple replaces iPads with warranty issues, it doesn't issue refunds.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is normal for those types of games with screen brightness high and on for long periods. iPad 4 will be the same way as well as any tablet with high resolution screen.

OP
A

agnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can we know the temp is more than the limit? Please let me know so that I can be sure that my iPad wont crash

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How can we know the temp is more than the limit? Please let me know so that I can be sure that my iPad wont crash

If the temperature exceeds Apple's prescribed limit, the iPad will shut down with a yellow warning triangle and a message. Believe me, I've done it twice with my iPhone and it has to be VERY hot before this happens.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or just leave it in your car in the desert.

That would do it. I left mine in my truck with all of the heaters going full blast, and fell asleep in the sleeper. I was ill for a week following this little faux pas. I reckoned the temperature went up to over 50°C, and stayed there for several hours.

If you are comfortable, so is the iPad, and the reverse is also true.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts