What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I delete apps?

Vikki1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an iPhone so thought I knew a fair amount about apps, it would seem not. If I press and hold something, it used to come up with a little cross to delete it. This is no longer there. It seems I can only delete when I have it plugged into my computer, which is hardly ideal.
I don't know if this makes a difference, but this is an iPad supplied by work, so could they have a setting put on where you can't delete things? That would solve this :lol:

Yes, they can restrict that via a provisioning profile, but fist check that you have not enabled "restrictions" in settings by accident.

Go to Settings > General > Restrictions > Deleting Apps > ON

That should allow you to delete again.

If you do not have access to this setting or work have restricted it via a provisioning profile, you don't have any option but to live with it. Sorry :(

Last edited:
Yep. I can't get into the restrictions. At least I know is not me being thick :lol:

Well I got the passcode and have now sorted it all out.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back