What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 + aluminum keyboard case = MacBook Air look-alike

Sure. Functionally they are the same. I like this one better because it looks better. When the iPad sits in it, it looks thinner and it is also half the price.

For any of you that got it shipped from Hong Kong via registered airmail, how long did it take to receive?

Tracking shows mine made it to New York on the 3rd, but nothing since.

Cheers,
Steve

Anyone from the UK bought this keyboard? How much and how long did it take?
Also I've read earlier that there are cursor keys. Do these allow you do choose specific apps without having to touch the screen? (I know this is the whole point of having an iPad but it's good to know there's an option!!!)
cheers

I have this keyboard as well and I love it. The smaller size does take some getting used to but I don't think it hinders typing. I would suggest searching eBay though. I'm a little impatient and didn't want to wait weeks for it to arrive so I did a search on eBay and found tons of sellers here in the states. I was able to get mine for about $45 after shipping and it arrived the same week.

Quick question does anyone with this keyboard have a problem with it disconnecting if it is left idle for a few minutes? If so does anyone know how to stop this from happening?

breezur said:
I have this keyboard as well and I love it. The smaller size does take some getting used to but I don't think it hinders typing. I would suggest searching eBay though. I'm a little impatient and didn't want to wait weeks for it to arrive so I did a search on eBay and found tons of sellers here in the states. I was able to get mine for about $45 after shipping and it arrived the same week.

Quick question does anyone with this keyboard have a problem with it disconnecting if it is left idle for a few minutes? If so does anyone know how to stop this from happening?

The keyboard does time out to save battery life. When you hit any key it wakes it back up.

Sruments said:
The keyboard does time out to save battery life. When you hit any key it wakes it back up.

Hummm I'll have to keep playing with it because it just completely disconnects on me and in order to get it to work I have to physically reconnect it. Thanks for answering my question though :)

iPaReviews said:
Could you put up a link to the site where to buy them

I think I just searched "aluminum keyboard buddy" on eBay and found a ton of sellers with them brand new still in the box. Then I found the one closest to me because I'm impatient and wanted it here ASAP :)

Can anyone tell me if there is a cut-out for the camera on the back? I couldn't tell in the images. Thanks!

Is there a reason this wouldn't work with the iPad1 - everything specifically mentioned the 2...

Does anyone know if there is a tab key with the keyboard or do you have to touch the screen?

sgtfish5 said:
Can anyone tell me if there is a cut-out for the camera on the back? I couldn't tell in the images. Thanks!

The iPad lays screen down kind of like a laptop there isn't anything on the back unless you have a back cover already on the iPad

Most reactions

Back