What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Users In The UK

Tim SPRACKLEN said:
There's absolutely no chance of getting a sun tan here....

And it's not even a holiday in Scotland - schools are back today and everyone is at work....

What is even more annoying is that our latest moderator, Leigh, who lives in Troon (West Coast of Scotland for you sassenachs) had a BBQ at the weekend. My BBQ is rusting through lack of use....

Tim

You guys just crack me up! I can't stop laughing and who is a sassenach? I'm south African cross English. So does that mean you are at work Tim.
What do you teach by the way. Don't forget you have bank holidays when we are at work so fairs fair. According to statistics UK has the fewest bank holidays in comparison to other European countries.

Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Just to prove my point

Traffic Scotland > Live-Eye-Views List View

and choose Foudland A96 either East or West and see for yourself...

Tim

Oh man that does look dour. Nope, it sure does look sunny out of my window guys. We are sitting on the patio eating said fry up( have to say it is a luxury for me as I have to watch the calories but hey, it's a bank holiday.).

Oh by the way Gabriel1( is that your real name or can you tell us your real name) you were right last night they were changing one of the May bank holidays to the October half term to give us "sassenachs" more holiday time before Xmas.

Hayles66 said:
Oh man that does look dour. Nope, it sure does look sunny out of my window guys. We are sitting on the patio eating said fry up( have to say it is a luxury for me as I have to watch the calories but hey, it's a bank holiday.).

Oh by the way Gabriel1( is that your real name or can you tell us your real name) you were right last night they were changing one of the May bank holidays to the October half term to give us "sassenachs" more holiday time before Xmas.

Nope, it's not my real name but if I told you I'd have to kill you!

The Archangel

Gabriel1 said:
I couldn't see anything......it was way too cloudy!

The Archangel

Aww! Don't be horrible to Tim, he is lovely. I love that Scottish accent ( thinking of David Tennant now). Did either of you watch Dr Who, it was so weird but good. That time travel stuff messes with your head.

I have to disappoint you and tell you that I was born near Birmingham, but I've lived here since 1985 - yes, from the pre-Windows era....

And - for my sins - I shook hands with a very young and unknown gentleman called William Gates in 1980 after he gave a lunch-time talk at a company I was working for in California about something he called the 'Personal Computer'. If only I'd loaned him some of my traveller's cheques....

Tim

Hayles66 said:
Aww! Don't be horrible to Tim, he is lovely. I love that Scottish accent ( thinking of David Tennant now). Did either of you watch Dr Who, it was so weird but good. That time travel stuff messes with your head.

Yes, I watched Dr Who, I think it may have been better if they had shown it as a double length feature episode but hey. I stopped watching it when I hit adulthood but it is just so well done now I really enjoy it. Anything with a child's voice is just soooooo creepy, reminds me of the first time I watched poltergeist!

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I have to disappoint you and tell you that I was born near Birmingham, but I've lived here since 1985 - yes, from the pre-Windows era....

And - for my sins - I shook hands with a very young and unknown gentleman called William Gates in 1980 after he gave a lunch-time talk at a company I was working for in California about something he called the 'Personal Computer'. If only I'd loaned him some of my traveller's cheques....

Tim

Wow! That is too cool Tim. What an experience. Did you get his autograph! I had my photograph taken with the Australian ex tennis player Pat Cash in 1987 when I flew out of South Africa to live here. Is that a brummie accent? Excuse lack of knowledge please.

I think I have a neutral accent, born in Birmingham, schooled in Bristol and Manchester, first degree in Manchester, PhD in Leicester, first job in Durham, present job in Aberdeen - with occasional extended spells in California. Most of my kids were born here and can speak the local dialect - Doric - which I can't understand at all.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Ah well, Hayley, you'll have to think Jasper Carrot now!

I had some good times working around the Birmingham area along with some of the best curries on the face of the planet, including an Italian/indian fusion meal in Walsall!

The Archangel

Gabriel1 said:
Ah well, Hayley, you'll have to think Jasper Carrot now!

I had some good times working around the Birmingham area along with some of the best curries on the face of the planet, including an Italian/indian fusion meal in Walsall!

The Archangel

Ha ha ha. Oh Gabriel1. That was hilarious - Jasper Carrot - what a funny man - what is he doing now? Is he retired now. I remember his shows? Curry - yum yum yum. Chicken Tikka Masala or stronger - I was brought up in Durban, South Africa capital of Indian curries. I'm sorry, I've never been to Birmingham only driven past it to go to not sunny Scotland! Loch Lomond was beautiful but raining!

Hayles66 said:
Ha ha ha. Oh Gabriel1. That was hilarious - Jasper Carrot - what a funny man - what is he doing now? Is he retired now. I remember his shows? Curry - yum yum yum. Chicken Tikka Masala or stronger - I was brought up in Durban, South Africa capital of Indian curries. I'm sorry, I've never been to Birmingham only driven past it to go to not sunny Scotland! Loch Lomond was beautiful but raining!

Seriously, stop off in Brum for a curry, you won't regret it.......well you may but not for a good few hours!

The last time I saw Carrot he was hosting a terrible game show on ITV called Golden Balls (nothing to do with David Beckham though).

The Archangel

Gabriel1 said:
Seriously, stop off in Brum for a curry, you won't regret it.......well you may but not for a good few hours!

The last time I saw Carrot he was hosting a terrible game show on ITV called Golden Balls (nothing to do with David Beckham though).

The Archangel

Oh yes. I remember that one. Yes it wasn't very good. Poor man!

Speaking of meeting famous people and combining this with Dr Who, I had a drink with Tom Baker in Headcorn, used to bump into him all the time browsing the monthly charity book fair.

Also sat about two feet from Paul McCartney in a restaurant but didn't realise until someone told me, sat next to Brian May at an Extreme gig but didn't realise until someone told me, talked to Layne Staley for about an hour and a half but didn't realise who he was until Alice In Chains came on stage......I could keep going on as it's like Stella Street in this part of the world!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back