What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing frequency

amb1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All
First post. For some reason the frequency parameter has disappeared in my wireless info. I need this for when configuring some devices the frequency must be 2.4 not 5.0. Has anyone else experienced this? This anomaly occurs in both my iPhone iOS 17.5.1 and my ipad iOS 16.7.8. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Hi All
First post. For some reason the frequency parameter has disappeared in my wireless info. I need this for when configuring some devices the frequency must be 2.4 not 5.0. Has anyone else experienced this? This anomaly occurs in both my iPhone iOS 17.5.1 and my ipad iOS 16.7.8. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
You device will usually show as being tuned to either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz according to how near it is to the Router. You should be able to see which in the Router settings.

Hi All
Hello Amb1953 - please tell us 'what' frequency parameter you had on your iOS/iPadOS devices that disappeared? Unless your 'dual band' router is broadcasting at both 2.4 & 5 GHz and there is a different name for your SSIDs on that router your iDevices will not be able to tell, unless I'm mistaken? Please provide further info on your router and whether you have control of its assignments to your Wi-Fi devices - and welcome to the forum! Dave :)

To the best of my knowledge, you've never been able to force a frequency on the device itself. Instead, you configure your router to offer different versions of itself, then join the network you like. Even if the network info told you the frequency, that is all it was, information. You could not change it on the device.

Most routers default to an auto mode, where the device connects to the frequency that offers the best compromise between reliability and speed (based on the devices capabilties). Routers can also be forced to connect at only one of the two speeds. The third option, offered by many routers, is to create a network for each frequency, and then you choose which one to connect to on your device.

Or I could be wrong. Not impossible. After all only needed to do once this every few years.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back