What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help Accessing an IPAD 10th Gen to reset

MickeyFromPace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a new IPad 10th Gen (MPQ03LL/A) and he's technically challenged but started to set it up. Somewhere along the way he got flustered and gave up. I'm not an Apple guy myself but I told him that I would try to help him out but even I'm having trouble.

I think he got into it far enough along as when I turn it on it shows the Apple logo and displays the password screen to unlock the device but he doesn't remember entering a numeric passcode but the device is locked and I can't get in myself. From the internet I became aware of several PC packages that said that they could bypass the passcode lock screen I connected the iPad to the USB port my PC using a standard USB-C cable that I use with my portable drive and none of the packages I've tried seem to recognize the iPad. One software package says that the device is connected but not recognized. At this point I'm stumped and need some help. The cable was supplied with the iPad is a USB-C on both ends and the adapter that came with the device has a USB female adapter on one end an a USV C on the other. How can I connect this iPad to my PC and get it recognized?

I also read an article that said that if I entered too many wrong codes trying to get into the device, I'll be locked out and that all I had to do was press the reset button at the bottom of the screen but when I did get locked out there was no button at the bottom of the screen to perform the reset?

Can anyone help me get into this device so we can do a factory reset and start over with setup to help my friend?

A friend of mine bought a new IPad 10th Gen (MPQ03LL/A) and he's technically challenged but started to set it up. Somewhere along the way he got flustered and gave up. I'm not an Apple guy myself but I told him that I would try to help him out but even I'm having trouble.

I think he got into it far enough along as when I turn it on it shows the Apple logo and displays the password screen to unlock the device but he doesn't remember entering a numeric passcode but the device is locked and I can't get in myself. From the internet I became aware of several PC packages that said that they could bypass the passcode lock screen I connected the iPad to the USB port my PC using a standard USB-C cable that I use with my portable drive and none of the packages I've tried seem to recognize the iPad. One software package says that the device is connected but not recognized. At this point I'm stumped and need some help. The cable was supplied with the iPad is a USB-C on both ends and the adapter that came with the device has a USB female adapter on one end an a USV C on the other. How can I connect this iPad to my PC and get it recognized?

I also read an article that said that if I entered too many wrong codes trying to get into the device, I'll be locked out and that all I had to do was press the reset button at the bottom of the screen but when I did get locked out there was no button at the bottom of the screen to perform the reset?

Can anyone help me get into this device so we can do a factory reset and start over with setup to help my friend?
If your friend has simply forgotten the passcode he first entered, then the only solution would be to connect it to a Mac or PC in Recovery Mode and restore it to factory settings. Adaptors are easily available from either Apple or other trusted suppliers.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back