What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not receiving some text messages.

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When using my ipad, I can receive text messages from say my son, sister, and other individuals. Now the problem is that if I say go to Amazon to make a purchase, I have it set up for the two step verfication , where they send me an otp, one time password. I can receive that password on my iphone, but not on my ipad, why and what may I do so I can receive it on my ipad. My older ipad would receive it, but the new one will not.

When using my ipad, I can receive text messages from say my son, sister, and other individuals. Now the problem is that if I say go to Amazon to make a purchase, I have it set up for the two step verfication , where they send me an otp, one time password. I can receive that password on my iphone, but not on my ipad, why and what may I do so I can receive it on my ipad. My older ipad would receive it, but the new one will not.
If you go to Messages in Settings you can choose message forwarding to your Apple devices.

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick. Strange thing is on my old ipad, it would receive messages without that setting turned on, the new one not so.

I am still trying to figure out why it would receive messages from another iphone/ipad but not those sent by amazon for a otp. I checked all blocked senders and could not seen anything there that would have blocked them. Just curious, but a lot of this electronic stuff gets the best of me at times!

I am still trying to figure out why it would receive messages from another iphone/ipad but not those sent by amazon for a otp. I checked all blocked senders and could not seen anything there that would have blocked them. Just curious, but a lot of this electronic stuff gets the best of me at times!
Tests and iMessages are handled slightly differently. Message forwarding is necessary for texts, but not necessarily for Apple’s Messages which will synch any way.

Make sure notifications are on for the Amazon app on your new iPad. Restart it or update iOS if needed. Reinstalling the Amazon app might also fix the issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back