What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

After using the Instagram iPhone app on my iPad for a while, the letters on the iPad keyboard seem so small and skinny! :)

Send from my iPad using iPF.net

skimonkey said:
Bummer--would have loved to see those!!

We heard them before we saw them and then they were gone!
Love seeing them!

AdmiralAdama said:
I gave a wing waggle. Didn't you notice? ;)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

So you were the second one! ;)

Just registered at appleforums.net :)
It's also in the foundry (link at the top of the iPF website :))

Send from my iPad using iPF.net

leelai said:
Just watched 2 F18’s (according to hubby) fly low over the ocean.....great sight!

Too slow to get a photo though! :(

skimonkey said:
Bummer--would have loved to see those!!

I miss seeing and hearing the Red Arrows, Eurofighter etc each year here at Bromley now that the Biggin Hill air show has come to an end :(

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai said:
Just watched 2 F18’s (according to hubby) fly low over the ocean.....great sight!

Too slow to get a photo though! :(

Back in 1984, I saw 3 SR-71 Blackbirds on the Tarmac on Ford Island in Pearl Harbour.

I took this sunrise picture as I got off work.

image-3474898403.jpg

Richard Brown said:
I miss seeing and hearing the Red Arrows, Eurofighter etc each year here at Bromley now that the Biggin Hill air show has come to an end :(

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Richard,

I'm not sure if they still do it but they used to hold an annual air show in Folkestone. The unique selling point was that you stand at the top of the cliffs and many of the aircraft come in at eye level. Two stand outs for me were a) some biplanes (tiger moths I think) flying in formation BACKWARDS as they were flying into a strong headwind and b) a Harrier Jump Jet stopping dead still in the air right in front of us, reversing, stopping again, bowing, dropping below the top of the cliff, rising again then lighting the afterburners and boom, it was gone!

The Archangel

scifan57 said:
Back in 1984, I saw 3 SR-71 Blackbirds on the Tarmac on Ford Island in Pearl Harbour.

While working at Heathrow on a construction project a few years back I was stopped at some traffic lights in the middle of the night.....as I waited Concorde rolled across the road in front of me! It's not often that I enjoy waiting at the lights!

The Archangel

Wow! Some fantastic memories Gab. Would have loved to see the harrier. I have also had Concorde fly over as we were driving below. What a noise! Fantastic machines though. Sad to see the end of them.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back