What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Richard Brown said:
IPF is still acting strangely. It chimes in with "new post notifications" about 30 minutes after I have read posts or written posts!

The chime is very odd now. It has started to stutter for a second or two before chiming. I'm not sure whether that is a fault with the iPad. I suspect not as the audio is otherwise A OK.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Getting the same notification delay using the iPF app on my iPhone 4.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Richard Brown, you are lucky to live only 10 min away from the Glades shopping centre, it's really nice and convenient, especially the apple store, for me in Southgate north London I have to plan if I need to go to one, on the tube it's the central London ones for me, in the car it's Brent cross shopping centre

My apple tv uses Hdmi cable, plenty on eBay or get a good one from richer sounds

http://www.m.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/accessories/av-interconnects

It's definitely HDMI. I have scart too but the video, DVD etc... Take the spaces.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

What do you think guys. I'm hopeless at this sort of thing and hubby is worse than hopeless. Lol

Attachments

• image-114675021.jpg
    image-114675021.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 97
  • image-189678687.jpg
    image-189678687.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 101
I will say the hdmi socket is the one that should be connected to apple tv/ Bly ray player using a hdmi cable

Found out my brother has a benign ear tumor. He's going to have surgery to remove it soon.

iJamesH said:
Thanks and yeah I'm glad it's benign too. He's a tough guy(former military)so I know he'll get through this.

I'm sorry to read about your brother. I hope he does pull through in good order, so to speak, JamesH.

Hayles66 said:
What do you think guys. I'm hopeless at this sort of thing and hubby is worse than hopeless. Lol

Hi Hayles.

Your photo

image-745158120.jpg

Shows the AV sockets at the top. Audio connections on the left. The 3 connections to the right are for video inputs.

The bottom connectors are Scart. Big and clumsy.

My TV doesn't have hdmi sockets, so I'm going down the AV route. Hopefully I can connect up later today.

Good karma said:
Richard Brown, you are lucky to live only 10 min away from the Glades shopping centre, it's really nice and convenient, especially the apple store, for me in Southgate north London I have to plan if I need to go to one, on the tube it's the central London ones for me, in the car it's Brent cross shopping centre

My apple tv uses Hdmi cable, plenty on eBay or get a good one from richer sounds

http://www.m.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/accessories/av-interconnects

Thanks Good Karma.

I guess Covent Garden is an easy store to get to. We will be on Covent Garden later today.

Yes, we enjoy the convenience of Bromley. Thursdays through to Saturdays are good with the street markets.

We happen to have Richer Sounds in East Street up by Bromley North station. Then Maplins is near the High Street entrance to the Glades.

Richard Brown said:
IPF is still acting strangely. It chimes in with "new post notifications" about 30 minutes after I have read posts or written posts!

The chime is very odd now. It has started to stutter for a second or two before chiming. I'm not sure whether that is a fault with the iPad. I suspect not as the audio is otherwise A OK.

I've worked out why the iPF messages received chime is odd. IPF sends me a load of notifications simultaneously. Each notification has its own chime. The chain of chimes overlap!

I seem to receive the batch of notifications 36 minutes after the posts have been made.

As they say, "Stranger things happen at sea." :O

I'm getting it now. I've disabled notifications so what are these I'm getting. Is it mail?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back