What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shameless Promote Your Book Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astronomy

I am a really small publisher! I've been using apple's iBook textbook standard to create an immersive "textbook". It's nearing completion and I plan on throwing out a few free copies once it's up on the iBookstore. Please help me get there and/or download a sample first chapter on my website

Merci!

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting on the application process to get my book in the iBookstore, but it is available now in several eBook formats from my own site, and is on Amazon as of today. I don't presume it is a book everyone would think of reading, but after years working on it and verifying the facts, this is it. If you've ever wanted to know something true about the UFO phenomenon..here you go:

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
No External Links...including Email/Facebook/Twitter Accounts

I'm new here, so you'll have to adjust the above link.
-Chris

Medical Coding Apps for the iPhone and iPad (a first iBook publication)

Medical Coding Apps for the iPhone and iPad is a concise summary of medical documentation and coding apps that are appropriate for health care providers that are available for the iPhone and iPad. For health care professionals, browsing the iTunes App Store to find suitable medical apps is a bit like searching for the proverbial needle in a hay stack. After sorting through hundreds of diet aids, medication reminder lists, etc., and through persistent attempts to narrow searches for medical documentation and coding software, we found 6 appropriate and relevant apps! Medical Coding Apps for the iPhone and iPad was written by health care providers to guide other health care providers, and focuses on two questions: Which medical documentation and coding software tools are available? What features do these medical documentation and coding apps have?

iPadders... Got Kindle app?

Ash:ReturnOfThe Beast.... Kindle... $3.99

ASH: Return of the Beast is a supernatural crime thriller, a tale of revenge steeped in the occult. ASH is a work of fiction based on a little known fact about the death of Aleister Crowley (1875-1947), the notorious occultist the British press once called "The Wickedest Man In The World". Crowley’s body was cremated but the disappearance of the urn containing his ashes has remained a mystery… until now.

This diabolical tale propels the reader through a series of curiously interconnected events spanning the years from 1947 (and the death of Aleister Crowley) to the 1990s and the coming-of-age (and eventual stardom) of a "death-metal" rocker with the unlikely name of Rodney Duckworth.

The time-line shifts to the present day where Brian Kane, a gruff and gritty street-worn Seattle Police Detective, reluctantly teams up with the mysterious Rowena Ravenwood, an attractive female FBI agent assigned to a most unusual investigative unit. Their task is to figure out why good, healthy, God-fearing preachers in their fair city are suddenly dropping dead... one at a time... nine days apart.

What is the meaning of the strange symbols branded onto the bodies of these hapless victims? Are they all part of some bizarre cult? No eyewitnesses. No fingerprints. Is it really murder? Where’s the evidence? And what is the disturbing secret that Detective Kane is holding so close to his chest?

The investigation catapults Kane and Ravenwood headlong into life-threatening situations as they wind their way through the strange, dark labyrinth of the world of the occult and find themselves battling for their lives against the powerful forces of ritual magick.

A bloody carnage of unimaginable horror is about to be unleashed upon the world. The survival of the entire human race hangs in the balance and the clues to help solve the case are in desperately short supply. Worse yet, so is the amount of time left to stop the mysterious killer's reign of terror before all Hell breaks loose. And – according to Special Agent Ravenwood – that’s not just a figure of speech.

REVIEWS:

"A riveting occult crime thriller. I couldn't put it down." - Rai Aren, author of Secret Of The Sands

"A close-the-drapes-and-hang-onto-your-seat-read. Highly recommend it." - Meredith Wright Hutchins, attorney, Olympia, WA.

"An ending you will never see coming! Highly recommended!" - Lila L. Pinord, author of In Time, Min's Monster, and Skye Dancer

"Fillied with magick... at times drawing one into the evil." - Ellen In Atlanta, amazon.com reviewer

"Plenty of atmosphere and a compelling narrative. A worthwhile roller-coaster ride." - Bob Freeman, author of The Descendant

"A tingly, spine-chilling little entry that belongs in any true horror aficionado's collection." - Wendy Potocki, author of The White Lady Murders

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••

Caution: This book is intended for adult readers due to strong language and some implied sexual content of a deviant nature. Note: the sexual content is implied as opposed to graphic. It is not included as a gratuitous element. Rather, it is critical to the background of one of the primary characters, his personal development and the motivation driving his future behavior.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••
AshFrontCover3a.jpg

Attachments

• AshQRcard96dpi.jpg
    AshQRcard96dpi.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 226
  • AshQRcard96dpi.jpg
    AshQRcard96dpi.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 216
  • AshAdFacebook.jpg
    AshAdFacebook.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 217
Free eBook

LUNARA: SETH AND CHLOE is FREE on iPad in the iBooks store. Just follow this link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/isbn9780615502502

LUNARA is an adventure story what is similiar to Star Wars in our solar system. Enjoy the FREEBIE!

This is not a shameless promotion but a very useful information.

My book went "live" in the iBookstore last night! :)

iTunes - Books - 100 Miles Walking the Keys by Jim Lower

100milecover.png

This is the story, in pictures and words, of my 100 mile walk from Key Largo to Key West over 8 days in March, 2010.

It was a journey designed to allow me to see the Florida Keys at a leisurely pace. A chance to really see 100 miles of Caribbean shoreline, fishing villages and island towns. To meet folks along the road, gawk at the wildlife and and cross over 40 bridges, ending at the southernmost mile marker in the continental United States.

This book has over 200 pictures and maps and with a running commentary that will allow you to walk along with me on this unique vacation. You'll never see the Keys this way from your car!

intense by Thomas Hartmann

A coffee-table book for the iPad for photography lovers. Available at iTunes. A bargain for $2.99!

intensecover.jpg

Sports photography is all too often only about winners, records, or the decisive moment in a competition. Nothing wrong with that.

In this book I present candid portraits of amateur triathletes before and during their competition. It's not about the winner, nor the triathlon sport itself. It's about human emotions. You will find intense expressions of anticipation and determination, as well as quiet joy and relaxation before the event.

Jon-E Bionic : The Rescue of Professor Books

JonE-ipad.jpg
JonEBionic_Cover.jpg

Team Bionic needs your help!

Join Jon-E Bionic and his friends in an iBookstore first-ever Activity Comic and Coloring Book. Loaded with amazing art, stunning sounds, and beautiful animation, “Jon-E Bionic: The Rescue of Professor Books” brings a new and exciting experience to children of all ages.

The world of Jon-E Bionic is further brought to life by world-renowned voice actor Corey Burton, whose prior work includes Count Dooku in Star Wars: The Clone Wars; Brainac in the DC animated Universe; Spike and Shockwave in the Transformers Universe; and many other Cartoon Network and Disney characters.

Interactive Activities:

• Color Jon-E Bionic, his dog Zip, and the rest of the team using fun “Touch 'n Fill”™action!

• Play Connect-the-Dots to escape the Maze of Doom and board the team’s spaceship!

• Assemble pieces of Deton8 to escape the evil clutches of Dr. Vargas.

Perfect for family time, travel, and sharing with friends. Join the adventure and bring an out-of-this-world experience to your enhanced book collection!

iTunes - Books - Jon-E Bionic by Trailer Park Inc.

Last edited:
good idea

here's my book

iTunes - Books - CRY by Salman Shariff

some background info:

My name is Salman Shariff. I did four years in federal prison for securities fraud. During that time, all I did was workout and read books. While I was reading these books, I realized that readers want to be entertained, engaged, and maybe enlightened. Most of the books I read provided one or two of these, but not all three. I read book after book in the hope that I would "feel" something. I came to the conclusion that if I wanted a book that included all the elements that I crave, I would have to write it myself. So I did. For one year out of those four, I worked on my book. The result is CRY: A Compilation of Documents Recovered from the Cry City Ruins. The book can only be read on an iPad with iBooks 2. I used this format because of how I wanted the work to look. I hope you like it.

iTunes - Books - CRY by Salman Shariff

mary_front_01-txt.png

Shameless plug:

We just have a new kids book - Mary Knows Everything! - out on. This site is a real treasure trove of iPad books for small kids :)

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules*
No External Links/Email/Facebook/Twitter Accounts

My 2nd book is done!

A Caribbean Cruise Sampler

Caribbean+Cruise+Sampler+Cover_002.jpg

Intended mainly for people who have never cruised, but would enjoy a personal narrative that encompasses all the parts of a Caribbean cruise. There are about 170 photos, each with its own story to tell.

This is a free book. It's not in the iTunes store yet, but you can have an early copy. Surf to this link with your iPad and then tell it to open the file in iBooks. Be patient, it's an 80 megabyte download. Enjoy!

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Here is the book in the Apple iTunes store.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/cruising-the-caribbean/id533264319?mt=13

PG0-Front-Page (Small).jpg

Trying to raise money on crowdfunding website xxxxxxxxxxx so i can release my first interactive children's book for ipad called "Loopy Lost His Lettuce".

The art style of Loopy the snail is designed in the extremely unique and colourful art form called freeform crochet. All objects and creatures are individually hand-made crochet pieces.

There is a video presentation about the project on our pozible site located here

We have also created a trailer below :)

Please help loopy find his lettuce by supporting us! :)

Here's one for the girls - or the ones who read chicklit anyhow. I'm a British writer who has just released 'Completing the Puzzle' on Kindle and in paperback (at Lulu).

Here's the blurb:

Middle aged and middle-of-the-road, Fee Crawford has been drifting through life in a passionless marriage and hurtling towards the menopause.

With her twin boys grown up and needing her less, why does she still feel incomplete?

Coping with her elderly dad, increasingly distant husband and flighty best friend, Cordelia, her life seems to be spiralling out of control.

Will a chance meeting with a handsome vet be the missing link to make everything fall into place?

From the author of the 'Mummy Misfit' books comes ‘COMPLETING THE PUZZLE’ - A tale of families, love and mid-life crisis.

And the Kindle (US) link.

Book cover - Proper JPEG.jpg

Hi everybody,

I just discovered this forum and really love the collection of books everyone has posted. My own children's iBook 'The Tale of Blob-Ba-Cus' (by Jade Alfuraih) has just been release so here is the description :)

A Cover Page (Smaller).jpg

To celebrate the release of this book I am also giving away some promotional codes (first come, first served) which can be found at my website on (by searching Jade Alfuraih on Google or WordPress, as we not allowed to post links here)

Book Description

Follow the story of Blob-ba-cus, a magical creature who can turn into any animal he sees. Watch Blob-Ba-cus travel all over the world and discover what amazing creature he will become. Enjoy this beautifully illustrated and fun-with-words picture book that should be entertaining for both you and your kids. In addition, the story has a nice moral ending which teaches children that we should be happy with who we are :)

For more information, please visit my website (by searching Jade Alfuraih on Google or WordPress, as we not allowed to post links here) or go direct to the iBookstore to get a sample or purchase this book iTunes - Books - The Tale of Blob-Ba-Cus by Jade Alfuraih
Thanks for reading, and good luck to everyone else who is promoting their book :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back