What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66 said:
Well, if you get the iPhone 4, make sure it's got iOS 5 because google maps isn't on iOS 6. That and YouTube have disappeared. I've downloaded the YouTube app but there is currently no google maps at the moment. Google have applied to App Store and are waiting for apple to let them sell it. I'm assuming everyone on ios6 will be downloading it !!!!
At the moment the maps are working better in the cities. London seems okay but I would try it before buying to be sure. I'm sure it won't take Apple long to fix it. They are in lockdown with their maps team at the moment to sort this out. My area is rubbish in comparison to google but that's just me.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

I don't doubt for a minute that Apple is working very hard to fix the problems revealed in their maps. Apple is not the sort of company that will let the problems continue without making every effort to fix them.

Hayles66 said:
Well, if you get the iPhone 4, make sure it's got iOS 5 because google maps isn't on iOS 6. That and YouTube have disappeared. I've downloaded the YouTube app but there is currently no google maps at the moment. Google have applied to App Store and are waiting for apple to let them sell it. I'm assuming everyone on ios6 will be downloading it !!!!
At the moment the maps are working better in the cities. London seems okay but I would try it before buying to be sure. I'm sure it won't take Apple long to fix it. They are in lockdown with their maps team at the moment to sort this out. My area is rubbish in comparison to google but that's just me.

Thx Hayles. I have been checking out Orange and it looks promising re iPhone 4 models.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Richard Brown said:
Thx Hayles. I am on an Orange pay as you go plan which suits my budget very well. However all of the extra features tempt me to a monthly package. I would like to keep my current number which is great for remembering. It revolves round the Boeing 747 rather nicely. A PM to follow! ;)

EDIT. sorry, I don't intend to hijack the thread, but what are Google maps like on iPhone 4? It would be handy to carry the underground map, and screen shots of walking routes from Google Maps.

Hi Richard, there are 3 choices you can go with the iphones to upgrade from your Motorola, they are iphone 4, 4s and the new 5. All are great models and very high specs, however with the iphone 4 which is free on contract you get 8gb memory, with the 4s its 16 gb. For the google maps on ios5.1.1 its the same as your ipad 1, where as with the ios6 its the apple version of maps and its still incomplete beta. At the moment thee is no google style street view on the apple maps. So if you get the 4 and 4s, you will need ios 5.1.1

RIP Steve Jobs 

Our parking enforcement at work.

image-1559766549.jpg

Good karma said:
Hi Richard, there are 3 choices you can go with the iphones to upgrade from your Motorola, they are iphone 4, 4s and the new 5. All are great models and very high specs, however with the iphone 4 which is free on contract you get 8gb memory, with the 4s its 16 gb. For the google maps on ios5.1.1 its the same as your ipad 1, where as with the ios6 its the apple version of maps and its still incomplete beta. At the moment thee is no google style street view on the apple maps. So if you get the 4 and 4s, you will need ios 5.1.1

RIP Steve Jobs 

Hi GK, many thanks for this. Mapping is very important for me, and the ability to carry round something which is more legible than a printed A-Z is important. It looks like I will go for a 4 or 4S.

Cool choice Richard. Anything will be better than your oldie, right?

Hayles66 said:
Cool choice Richard. Anything will be better than your oldie, right?

Absolutely, Hayles :)

Last edited:
This bag is dedicated to you, Admiral.

image-113945225.jpgP.S. If you ever have trouble sleeping, you can always try counting tortilla chips jumping from bag to bowl.

Sigh! Oh so true, so true. Sweet chilli Doritos are my little downfall. Lets start up a Doritos club AA

Hayles66 said:
Sigh! Oh so true, so true. Sweet chilli Doritos are my little downfall. Lets start up a Doritos club AA

Doritoholics Anonymous.;)

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back