What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

AdmiralAdama said:
Well I was sincere about the appearance of your garden. I have a purple thumb. Can't grow anything except a welt from hitting it all the time with a hammer.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

I've heard the term "hammer toes", but I've never heard of a hammer thumb.;)

AdmiralAdama said:
Well I was sincere about the appearance of your garden. I have a purple thumb. Can't grow anything except a welt from hitting it all the time with a hammer.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Yes, indeed AA. sorry I was indulging in some British self-deprecation! :)

The garden is doing OK. The grass is offering a bit, but should recover after the builders have gone. The guys are careful with laying out dust sheets and using scaffold boards to support their ladders. However the grass objects by looking shabby!

My wife started planting some bulbs. We need to buy more ad a bag saved from last year is missing!

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Richard Brown said:
Yes, indeed AA. sorry I was indulging in some British self-deprecation! :)

The garden is doing OK. The grass is offering a bit, but should recover after the builders have gone. The guys are careful with laying out dust sheets and using scaffold boards to support their ladders. However the grass objects by looking shabby!

My wife started planting some bulbs. We need to buy more ad a bag saved from last year is missing!

Richard, I'll join you in a wish for builders to FINISH and be gone. We want the results but the in between is sometimes hard to put up with.

Czevski said:
Richard, I'll join you in a wish for builders to FINISH and be gone. We want the results but the in between is sometimes hard to put up with.

Absolutely, Czevski. Thanks for the shared wish. I hope your roof remained watertight. How long is it before your's finish? I'm guessing 4 or 5 weeks?

Richard Brown said:
Absolutely, Czevski. Thanks for the shared wish. I hope your roof remained watertight. How long is it before your's finish? I'm guessing 4 or 5 weeks?

Roof is done, but since we are adding a sun/family room and extending a bathroom I can hope we'll be done in 3-4 weeks. They have been working since early August, but had other jobs to finish before concentrating on ours.

Yachting on the prairies.

image-3207342688.jpg

image-2379827319.jpg

Last edited:
Is it just me but the band at the top of my iPhone changes to the colour of the app. I'm sure it was just black before. Let me know if this is just me imagining things on this new ios6 update.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Hayles66 said:
Is it just me but the band at the top of my iPhone changes to the colour of the app. I'm sure it was just black before. Let me know if this is just me imagining things on this new ios6 update.

Yep, that's a new iOS 6 feature.

Why hello stranger! How are you Mikel? Have you updated/ bought new idevice?

Hayles66 said:
Why hello stranger! How are you Mikel? Have you updated/ bought new idevice?

Both. I updated both the iPad 3 and the iPhone 4. Then I went to a local Verizon on the 21st, on the offhand chance that I actually might be able to get an iPhone 5. And I did!

I'm broke for the rest of the month, but happily occupied with my new gadget; so I don't really need to spend a lot of money anyway

Amy Rose The Hedgehog said:
Why so long?

I pre-ordered on the first day but missed the start time by a few hours. By then the delivery delay had increased to two weeks. The current delay is about a month.

Oh, I thought the iPhones were coming earlier now? Oh, well, patience is a virtue. Won't be long now. You may be surprised yet. Mikel, lucky you to have all the latest. I will follow eventually but alas, my iPad 3 is still being paid off so chances of an iphone5 are slim this year. I still adore my iPhone 4 though. The glass is still my favourite thing about it. It feels so beautiful in your hand. I haven't had the heart to cover it up.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Hayles66 said:
Oh, I thought the iPhones were coming earlier now? Oh, well, patience is a virtue. Won't be long now. You may be surprised yet. Mikel, lucky you to have all the latest. I will follow eventually but alas, my iPad 3 is still being paid off so chances of an iphone5 are slim this year. I still adore my iPhone 4 though. The glass is still my favourite thing about it. It feels so beautiful in your hand. I haven't had the heart to cover it up.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

I concur re: glass. One of the things that put me off aesthetically when I took an iPhone 5 for a test run Friday, was the aluminum insert on the back. I like the glass.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back