What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

AdmiralAdama said:
Can you be more specific?
What happened?

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I dropped it and the screen turned completely green

Here's a screenshot:

By my chance do you know what may be wrong?

Attachments

• image-1780079002.jpg
    image-1780079002.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 106
I dropped it and the screen turned completely green

Here's a screenshot:

By my chance do you know what may be wrong?

Chances are a connector or solider joint has been knocked loose. What you are seeing is probably a loss of the Red and Blue signal components of the RGB connector.

It's going to have to be repaired, either by Apple or some other qualified shop. Sorry.

BTW, since it is the display that's messed up your screen shot isn't going to show the green.

But, just in case I"m wrong, be sure to try a reset first.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

AdmiralAdama said:
You're on iPad 2 or 3 yes?
Is the screen cracked anywhere and is the iPad still functioning normally, other than the green screen?

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

No cracks, it's functioning normally, except for the green screen. And It's an ipad2 or 1 I think

Amy Rose The Hedgehog said:
No cracks, it's functioning normally, except for the green screen. And It's an ipad2 or 1 I think

Amy.....try Twerppoets suggestion of a reset first and see if that makes a difference, if not, do you have warranty on your iPad still? If your iPad doesn't show any dints or other damage, Apple will probably swap it out for you if you do have warranty or are just out of warranty, worth a try regardless.

If you don't have any warranty left, have a look at this thread and show it to your parents please before trying it yourself. I wouldn't ordinarily recommend this but if you have no warranty left, then there is nothing left to lose.

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...e/59195-ipad-screen-colors-all-messed-up.html

leelai said:
Amy.....try Twerppoets suggestion of a reset first and see if that makes a difference, if not, do you have warranty on your iPad still? If your iPad doesn't show any dints or other damage, Apple will probably swap it out for you if you do have warranty or are just out of warranty, worth a try regardless.

If you don't have any warranty left, have a look at this thread and show it to your parents please before trying it yourself. I wouldn't ordinarily recommend this but if you have no warranty left, then there is nothing left to lose.

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/59195-ipad-screen-colors-all-messed-up.html

Unfortunately we do not have any more warranty left on my iPad, but I will be sure to check out these threads and show them to my parents. Thank you.

leelai said:

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/59195-ipad-screen-colors-all-messed-up.html

One of the people on the forum suggested banging it gently on a table back and front, tried it, it got rid of a lot of the green which shows me it may be a loose connection. It didn't get rid of all the green. Thanks for the links!

If it has a camera, it's not an iPad 1. Accidental damage is not covered under warranty unless you have AppleCare +. You can expect to pay about half the cost of a new iPad to receive a new or refurbished iPad in exchange.

One of the people on the forum suggested banging it gently on a table back and front, tried it, it got rid of a lot of the green which shows me it may be a loose connection. It didn't get rid of all the green. Thanks for the links!

You're welcome Amy, just glad it helped you. ;)

Hayles66 said:
Hee hee. I love your house. Very smart. New build?

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Thanks, Hayles. It was built in 1987.

scifan57 said:
Nice house and great photo, Richard.

Thanks, Scifan. I checked the views from further along the street to see whether I wad there checking out the Google car, but no. So, I guess Google prunes out a lot of what they film before putting the images online.

Thanks too, Mollysmum. I wonder how many of us have been filmed by Google. :)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back