What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple to Possibly Release a Smart Cover with an Integrated Keyboard

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
B009VWAA5S_UltrathinKBCover_WHT_FOB3_lg.jpg
When Apple released the Smart Cover, it wasn't too "smart" at all, basically just a cover with magnets supporting the iPad's design. Shift a few year's forward, Microsoft stepped into the tablet game with Touch Cover for its Surface line. Microsoft's Touch Cover has been a big selling point for the low-selling tablet, but now it seems like Apple wants a piece of the pie.

According to ex-Apple Developer Relations employee Jamie Ryan, Apple has been testing a Smart Cover for the new iPads with an integrated touch keyboard:
I’ve been speaking to a couple of people at Apple for the last few days and they have told me that a case for the full size iPad that mimics Microsofts touch cover has been prototyped. It’s not clear whether the process is far enough along to make this Tuesdays event but they did say a few different styles had been in testing for a while.

Ryan claims that these keyboard Smart Covers are being tested for the iPad "largey" to help distinguish the product away from the iPad Mini. He also notes that these covers were still in prototype stages when first heard of and doesn't know if they will be ready by tomorrow's big iPad event. It would be nice to see Apple do something extra this year, such as a keyboard cover, but all will be revealed tomorrow, October 22nd at 10AM PST.

Source: Apple Testing Keyboard Case for Potential Release Alongside iPad 5 - Mac Rumors

Sounds good to me. It's actually about time the iPad had such an accessory. Sign me up!

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back