What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

AdmiralAdama said:
What have been the main campaign issues?

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Mainly concerns over the city's aging infrastructure, overspending on the City Square Plaza project, the high cost of the new football stadium the city wants to build and many other concerns.

nathan the ipad lover said:
I cry every time someone throws out their old early 70s to late 90s computer

You would like the Design Museum and the Science Museum here in London, where they have good displays of early computers.

Bletchley Park where the German wartime message codes were cracked is fascinating. I would like to see the Enigma machine which is on display there.

I believe a mock up of a part of Babbage's huge computer is to be built and displayed somewhere. Bletchley Park could be appropriate? The owners of the place were looking for uses and to secure the future of the buildings.

Old IT stuff, young compared with antique furniture, books etc, seems to be getting collectable. :)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:
There's a fine Science & Technology museum in Ottawa, Canada. Next year it will host the
"Big Stuff" Conference. It's a triennial international meeting focused on the challenges of conserving the world's large technology heritage. The meeting has been hosted in Canberra, Bochum, and Duxford.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Workers constructing a playground in Regina.

image-1149850785.jpg

image-3901003831.jpg

image-4170676020.jpg

I went for another ride yesterday Ricky! He was a little angel. I painted my bathroom and toilet yesterday and one of my students noticed my hair had yellow paint in it. Lol.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Hayles66 said:
I went for another ride yesterday Ricky! He was a little angel. I painted my bathroom and toilet yesterday and one of my students noticed my hair had yellow paint in it. Lol.

Just tell your students that you decided to add yellow highlights to your hair.;)

I could but it was a rather bright yellow called bumble bee. I shrugged it off and said oh well.

Hayles66 said:
I could but it was a rather bright yellow called bumble bee. I shrugged it off and said oh well.

You could say that you are promoting home security. :D

BTW the UK police run home security under the name of project? Bumblebee.

Yesterday, I registered the Kindle app. It was very easy. I'm checking out the freebies under Project Gutenberg. I have Huckleberry Finn loaded up, as well as some Jules Verne titles.

Our niece, who is with us for a week is studying English. We got Kindle working for her, and she has some Dickens titles and the love letters written by Henry VIII to Anne Boleyn uploaded. Her English is pretty good. :)

Using iPad in this way saves a ton of dosh, and puts it's functionality to good use :)

Richard Brown said:
Yesterday, I registered the Kindle app. It was very easy. I'm checking out the freebies under Project Gutenberg. I have Huckleberry Finn loaded up, as well as some Jules Verne titles.

Our niece, who is with us for a week is studying English. We got Kindle working for her, and she has some Dickens titles and the love letters written by Henry VIII to Anne Boleyn uploaded. Her English is pretty good. :)

Using iPad in this way saves a ton of dosh, and puts it's functionality to good use :)

I love getting all my girlie novels for free on their kindle site. It's one of my favourite apps with iBooks and kobo.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back