What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Okay folks, a thread has been created for the second Speed Breeding comp - the Easter Dragon. If you wish to take part in the comp, please post in the following thread with the words, "Yo Dawg ... I be down with wagering a ruby in the quest for the Bunny Dragon." I will then add your name to the list of competitors at the bottom of the OP and increase the prize pool accordingly.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-game...eeding-competition-round-2-easter-dragon.html

If you didn't play last time, you might want to post a practice picture in the thread just to make sure you know how to do it with a minimum of fuss.

And just to clarify to all those posted in this thread saying they wanted to play ... you MUST post in the other thread for me to register you as a competitor. Your post in this thread isn't enough to register you for the game.

Play Ball!

:eek:
It's been a while since I've posted an update here...lol nobody probably even noticed lol.

I am almost finished my quest to breed and store 2 baby dragons of each type (less bone dragon).

I started this quest BEFORE the fountain of youth came out.
I had to create a spreadsheet to keep track of which ones I was missing.
All I have left to do is a couple of the rares.

My gold shrines are coming along as I continue to breed as many panlongs as possible. I think I'll need a Pan army of about 30 to get to where I want to be coin-wise. (50 total for 4 gold shrines).
The only thing that is hard for me about this game is when I have long Breed Times in my caves. Theres less motivation to check my islands and collect coins.

The only times I spend any gems are when I am about to sleep and there is 1 or 2 hours left on a breed. I think those gems are wisely spent as I don't want to have to worry about wasted breed time while I sleep.

I've kept the breeding guide updated as much as possible, as well as added some info regarding how much food and coins it takes to level up your dragons from 1-15 and 1-20 AND the minimum amount of dragons needed to get all your silver and gold shrines.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-game...g-guide-no-guarantees-no-friend-requests.html

good luck to everyone still searching for their long desired dragons.

in the meantime I'll be on DRAW SOMETHING or SCRAMBLE WITH FRIENDS.

Final good news is that my amazing fiance has pre-ordered my IPAD 3 and I'll start to play all my games on that instead of my iphone.
(lol I can finally be fully admitted into the ipad forums)

250Strong thank you so much in keeping the other thread updated. I refer to it daily. Congrats on getting a new IPad and what a wonderful fiancé to think to get it for you.:thumbs:

Hey Poppy, I have tried that combo so many times but still no second air. Mind you, I have not tried in a while, going for the clover and pans. Will try again and see what happens, fingers crossed. :)

Si

You did fire/water and didn't get air? You should get air 100% of the time from that combo. :thumbs:

I have tried so many combo's and i have had no luck getting a clover dragon. I've never had this much trouble getting a holiday dragon. Does anyone have any suggestions on combos?

Make sure you are using moss in the equation with maybe a plant hybrid. I would do either flower/moss, poison/moss or seaweed/moss. Levels 7 on them may help or may not. Here is the rare breeding list if you don't have it. Good luck! I hope you get it soon. :thumbs:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-game...g-guide-no-guarantees-no-friend-requests.html

BAH so true! Wow I am not paying attention...I don't even know what I was thinking

How embarrassing

GC ID: Steffany_W

Don't feel bad or embarrased. Happens to most of us at some point. :thumbs: This game will get to you after awhile haha It took me I think more than a week to get my first one using both caves. Keep at it, you will get it. Patience and persistance will be tested with panlong but don't give up because that is what this game takes. :)

It's been a while since I've posted an update here...lol nobody probably even noticed lol.

I am almost finished my quest to breed and store 2 baby dragons of each type (less bone dragon).

I started this quest BEFORE the fountain of youth came out.
I had to create a spreadsheet to keep track of which ones I was missing.
All I have left to do is a couple of the rares.

My gold shrines are coming along as I continue to breed as many panlongs as possible. I think I'll need a Pan army of about 30 to get to where I want to be coin-wise. (50 total for 4 gold shrines).
The only thing that is hard for me about this game is when I have long Breed Times in my caves. Theres less motivation to check my islands and collect coins.

The only times I spend any gems are when I am about to sleep and there is 1 or 2 hours left on a breed. I think those gems are wisely spent as I don't want to have to worry about wasted breed time while I sleep.

I've kept the breeding guide updated as much as possible, as well as added some info regarding how much food and coins it takes to level up your dragons from 1-15 and 1-20 AND the minimum amount of dragons needed to get all your silver and gold shrines.

good luck to everyone still searching for their long desired dragons.

in the meantime I'll be on DRAW SOMETHING or SCRAMBLE WITH FRIENDS.

Final good news is that my amazing fiance has pre-ordered my IPAD 3 and I'll start to play all my games on that instead of my iphone.
(lol I can finally be fully admitted into the ipad forums)

Sounds like things are moving nicely for you! :thumbs: One thing I am doing is only using one cave for panlongs. I breed air or sandstorm in the other. It brings in the cash while waiting for pan to level them to 50 and I also do it in case we get a new dragon. Don't want to waste too many gems with a update.

Thanks again for keeping the rare breeding guide updated! I think the new additions are great! :thumbs:

That's awesome! Congrats! We ordered ours too. I can't wait! I've been going crazy trying to find cases for them all ready lol

cellur111 said:
For my first panlong I got it with level 10 fog and lava then I got a second one with panlong and I think it was fog,if that helps and no I haven't heard of success with frostfire and sandstorm..but you could always try

Well since I missed out on Love :( I can only try blazing/mud and fog/lava. So I try to do each combo in both caves...then switch the order...then back again!
I know there has been success with level 4 mud so I have one of those in my rotation, but any word on a lower fog or lava working?

tonygtech said:
The only veggie that goes in and comes out the other end unscathed LMAO sorry guys I have a sick sense of humor:eek:

Tony GCID TROUTFISHER10

I know. But it tastes so good going in and I'm not examining other end too closely. Lol

Hazel gcid: hazzarrd13

Steffany_W said:
Well since I missed out on Love :( I can only try blazing/mud and fog/lava. So I try to do each combo in both caves...then switch the order...then back again!
I know there has been success with level 4 mud so I have one of those in my rotation, but any word on a lower fog or lava working?

Try not switching the order as often. It can take lots of same try's in same place to get it. As in days on either with lots of fails. I stuck mainly with blazing and mud as the failures were only rarely the dreaded lava and blazing failures are worth a million. Can't remember mud value offhand but lava value very poor.

Hazel gcid: hazzarrd13

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back