What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

demonioazul said:
I just managed to get my first Panlong. After reading all the problems people have with a lot of dragons, I must say I feel very lucky. I've only playing for less than a month (missed Love dragon) and I managed to get 2 LYDs and 2 clovers and now my first Panlong. Frustration has been at a minimal (till now) and I'm enjoying the game so much. Ironically, I have more problems for getting a seaweed than all the rare ones! Really, always get a swamp instead! But enjoying it nevertheless. Cheers.

I had that same problem. It's all about the repetition. GL.

Hello DV world!
I see Poppy is already on a coffee break ;)
Did you see that there is a game a bit on the same pattern as DV called the Oregon Trail ? Seems to be very well rated with 5 stars.

Very, very good game. It has two parts: the trek to Oregon on the Oregon Trail and settling in Oregon once the pioneers arrive. I play it with Jack. It's very educational and fun. And they set the In-App Buy Meter much more generously than DV. With a modicum of patience you don't have to buy anything. I highly recommend it.

Poppy

Segbert said:
As some or most know my biggest wish is to lock the time on the gems reload. Instead of guessing when the gems will reload and going out my mind thinking I gift at a certain time. . .i synced the time with the coliseum. So now clicking on the time remaining on the tournament, I also know when my gems will be reloading. Yay!:D

Smart thinking :)

Very, very good game. It has two parts: the trek to Oregon on the Oregon Trail and settling in Oregon once the pioneers arrive. I play it with Jack. It's very educational and fun. And they set the In-App Buy Meter much more generously than DV. With a modicum of patience you don't have to buy anything. I highly recommend it.

Poppy
Thanks for your input, i will have a look at it.
Almost 2 in the morning here, ttfn

VDL04 said:
Wow! U r one busy lady!! Why have u been on crutches if u dont mind me asking?

Tiffany xoxo

I tore 2 ligaments that run across the top of my foot completely apart, damaged 3 others...they fixed them & within a week of surgery, had a 50+ pound chair break when I sat in it, came down on the ankle I had surgery on...which led to a second surgery 3 months to the date of the first one ( I waited from Nov-March to do the first surgery, second was in June) to remove/repair a burst achilles bursa and a huge hunk of bone. In September, All I did was pick up a small bunch of firewood, took a step, and the same ankle fractured ( took 3 weeks for it to show on xrays). I also severely fubar'd my peroneal tendon from where it attaches on the bottom of the foot all the way up into the calf. I refused to have surgery tho, as I would have had to quit work as it would have been minimum 3 months no working, plus many more recovering. I'm off crutches now and on my 4th day of no brace, it hurts & swelled some, but is still healing nicely.

Veebabe

Ninjajulie23 said:
My first post here....I've been lurking about for awhile enjoying that I have found other DV addicts and hunting for tips. I have luckily gotten all the dragons but 1... My game WILL NOT give up a Moon Dragon! I am cursed...I have tried every tip...every combo..even set my alarm to get up in the middle of the night to try that....and NOTHING. I WILL NOT LET YOU WIN MOON DRAGON...YOU WILL BE MINE!!!

Hang in there...I too have all but the Moon, seems very elusive for me.
Veebabe

I tore 2 ligaments that run across the top of my foot completely apart, damaged 3 others...they fixed them & within a week of surgery, had a 50+ pound chair break when I sat in it, came down on the ankle I had surgery on...which led to a second surgery 3 months to the date of the first one ( I waited from Nov-March to do the first surgery, second was in June) to remove/repair a burst achilles bursa and a huge hunk of bone. In September, All I did was pick up a small bunch of firewood, took a step, and the same ankle fractured ( took 3 weeks for it to show on xrays). I also severely fubar'd my peroneal tendon from where it attaches on the bottom of the foot all the way up into the calf. I refused to have surgery tho, as I would have had to quit work as it would have been minimum 3 months no working, plus many more recovering. I'm off crutches now and on my 4th day of no brace, it hurts & swelled some, but is still healing nicely.

Veebabe

Wow. . .but how did you tear the initial 2 ligaments? Was this from playing scoccer or a marathon injury?

As some or most know my biggest wish is to lock the time on the gems reload. Instead of guessing when the gems will reload and going out my mind thinking I gift at a certain time. . .i synced the time with the coliseum. So now clicking on the time remaining on the tournament, I also know when my gems will be reloading. Yay!:D

just wait until the time when your colliseum is finished, but your gems arent...lol

Hang in there...I too have all but the Moon, seems very elusive for me.
Veebabe

The second Moon was by far the most difficult dragon for me to obtain in my park. And the same is holding true in Jack's park. I've tried at least 50 times and it's still the only one we don't have a pair of.

Random thought... DV gives you an award when you have at least one of every non-holiday dragon. So it knows where you are. Do you think that they make it doubly difficult to get the last one in order to have all the pairs? Certainly true for me, but my sample size is only two. Has anyone else experienced great difficulty in getting that last one?

Poppy

just wait until the time when your colliseum is finished, but your gems arent...lol

Argh I know, but than I know i am not imagining the time I gift gems. Unfortunately, I think it's 24 hrs from your last gifted gem. Which means it gets later and later each day. My wish now is being able to reset and lock the time.
He. . Hehe. This just nuts LOL

There's two in the app store, one of whch has a bunch of poor reviews saying it's very pushy regarding in-app purchases.

Obligatory DV content:
My wife, who gave me the iPad which I play DV on, just washed out my coffee thermos for me. I make coffee before bed and sit the thermos out all night, and the coffee is still hot halfway through the work day. I used to grab a coffee at Dunkin Donuts on the way in to work, but they raised their prices. This was a good excuse to quit buying and start brewing. The irony of the situation is that the thermos which I use for my coffee is a Dunkin Donuts thermos. It also was bought for me by my wife, who also bought me the iPad which I play DV on.

The second Moon was by far the most difficult dragon for me to obtain in my park. And the same is holding true in Jack's park. I've tried at least 50 times and it's still the only one we don't have a pair of.

Random thought... DV gives you an award when you have at least one of every non-holiday dragon. So it knows where you are. Do you think that they make it doubly difficult to get the last one in order to have all the pairs? Certainly true for me, but my sample size is only two. Has anyone else experienced great difficulty in getting that last one?

Poppy

Unfortunately, I encourage a friend to play DV 3 weeks ago. In three weeks, she bred 2 clovers, 3 sun, 19 Pans, 3 rainbows, 3 suns, 1 LYD, 3 frost and more. Who knows what she has in the HC? But she only has 1 moon. She bred all these dragons in three weeks. I know she bred them, as she only purchased $25 in gems or more since we last talked. I feel so bad as i downloaded the game on her iphone for her. Initially she was going gift me a gem a day, but she started to play . . .and now her islands are producing much more DC than mine. Amazed how lucky she has been in getting all these rares.

There's two in the app store, one of whch has a bunch of poor reviews saying it's very pushy regarding in-app purchases.

Obligatory DV content:
My wife, who gave me the iPad which I play DV on, just washed out my coffee thermos for me. I make coffee before bed and sit the thermos out all night, and the coffee is still hot halfway through the work day. I used to grab a coffee at Dunkin Donuts on the way in to work, but they raised their prices. This was a good excuse to quit buying and start brewing. The irony of the situation is that the thermos which I use for my coffee is a Dunkin Donuts thermos. It also was bought for me by my wife, who also bought me the iPad which I play DV on.

Your wife sounds very thoughtful and always thinking about you. . .but, TommyB do you gift nice surprises too? and why is she washing your thermos, she is having your baby?

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back