What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

It's aweful isn't it? As soon as I hit it I stopped everything and started breeding for cash. It didn't take as long as I thought it would to raise the DC.

Miss the bubble farts island. That was your signature island. Was it hard to sell them off?

I've been using my new iPad for about three hours. If anyone is interested in how it compares to the previous one I would be glad to post some details here.

Poppy

Congrats Poppy! You have your new toy! Post away! It would be interesting to know first hand. . .

My experience matches yours. I would estimate that it's 3-4x faster than the iPad 2. Maybe it was my iPad, but it used to take me forever to sign out of my account and into Jack's at the GC. Now it's instantaneous. And if I leave DV and go do something else it retains the game in cache and loads it almost instantly when I return. Picking party hats is really fast now.

Plus, as you say, setup was a breeze. I'd say it took five minutes. Someone mentioned the form factor is the same as the iPad 2 but it's smaller and lighter. Which means a lot to me because I use it a lot while lying in bed and hold it in my left hand between my thumb and forefinger (I actually have a callous there). Also, something has changed on the keyboard. On the old one I was *always* hitting a letter instead of the space bar and I haven't done it once while typing this post.

The camera is so good you don't even need another one. And the FaceTime is amazing. And it looks like the auto-correct is much improved (which might cost us some laughs).

And then there's the display.... Oh my. It takes DV to whole new level. For example, the gold tiles don't shimmer, they just glow a steady gold color.

I've been involved with technology since the early 80's. At one time I owned two computer stores, then I worked as a network systems integrator for Fortune 500 companies during the kludgy client/server days when there were multiple protocols that we had to get working together, unlike the single TCP/IP that we have today. Next I have been involved with the Internet for many years, building high end websites and doing online marketing. This is the single most impressive technological device that I have ever owned. No wonder Apple is the most valuable company in the world.

I'll provide updates as I get to know the new one better.

Poppy

I play on a iPad 2 and I have to say pretty much what you shared. There may be a slight difference in resolution, but comparing ipad2 to iPhone the colors were diffinitely more vibrant. Of course the camera is much better. To bad another industry we will loose soon, cameras. Who carries one anymore, if you have a smart phone or iPhone. Camcorders the same.

That's just my pace in life. I don't have a throttle - I'm either on or off. Looks like DV is heading for off. It's driving season anyway and I just bought a new (to me) Porsche. Maybe I'll see you in the chicane. :D

Poppy

Edit: To elaborate further, in case anyone cares, I get bored easily and I'm the happiest when my learning curve is pegged at vertical. Which suits me to be a creator and builder and makes mE a lousy maintainer (other than family because it's sacred, and friends because relationships are the second most important thing to me after family).

When my first Internet marketing company grew to over 100 employees I was bored to tears. So I sold it and looked for something new to create and build. Since them I have launched and sold three other Internet companies.

I'm pretty comfortable with whatever the disorder is at this point. It does cram a lot of living into one lifetime. :)

Come draw with us. You will be able to tap into that creative side again. . .

mjtyler said:
Seeings as how we have all become brave enough to put our real faces to our profiles, I'm in

Ok I will too

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

Dang it!! Got the "and others" message tonight. Ugh! My fault for being too busy to check it earlier tonight.

Here's a list of who was on that notification:
.TommyB.
SnuggleTM
Coxy 26
Lily71288

Please let me know if you sent me a gem today, sometime after 1pm PDT, and are not on this list so I can put you on my gem list.

{GC ID: royal w/cheese}. sent with my iPhone using iPF

I sent one yesterday mybuster2go

Thanks all for gems contribution. I will send back whenever i have my gems recuperate. i already got second clover...and i am very lucky after my first clover i tried second time. for 4 times i already got one second clover. Leaf 10+ Moss 7

My experience matches yours. I would estimate that it's 3-4x faster than the iPad 2. Maybe it was my iPad, but it used to take me forever to sign out of my account and into Jack's at the GC. Now it's instantaneous. And if I leave DV and go do something else it retains the game in cache and loads it almost instantly when I return. Picking party hats is really fast now.

Plus, as you say, setup was a breeze. I'd say it took five minutes. Someone mentioned the form factor is the same as the iPad 2 but it's smaller and lighter. Which means a lot to me because I use it a lot while lying in bed and hold it in my left hand between my thumb and forefinger (I actually have a callous there). Also, something has changed on the keyboard. On the old one I was *always* hitting a letter instead of the space bar and I haven't done it once while typing this post.

The camera is so good you don't even need another one. And the FaceTime is amazing. And it looks like the auto-correct is much improved (which might cost us some laughs).

And then there's the display.... Oh my. It takes DV to whole new level. For example, the gold tiles don't shimmer, they just glow a steady gold color.

I've been involved with technology since the early 80's. At one time I owned two computer stores, then I worked as a network systems integrator for Fortune 500 companies during the kludgy client/server days when there were multiple protocols that we had to get working together, unlike the single TCP/IP that we have today. Next I have been involved with the Internet for many years, building high end websites and doing online marketing. This is the single most impressive technological device that I have ever owned. No wonder Apple is the most valuable company in the world.

I'll provide updates as I get to know the new one better.

Poppy

Yes, it's a lot faster. Mine did take about a hour to setup I think but I have 40+ G of video with about 15-20 G in HD and about 57 G total on it but I didn't have to do anything but restore it from my backup of my iPad 1. The iPad 2 is actually I think .03 hundredths of an inch thinner and the new iPad weighs 1.46 pounds compared to iPad 2 which weighs 1.35 (wi-fi and 3G/4G). That is not enough on either account for me to blink a eye at....and it to me is a far cry from my iPad 1. I agree on the camera and FaceTime. Haha DV is the FIRST thing I opened when it was done syncing lol It does take it to a whole new level. I agree at the comment of why they are the most valuable company in the world. I read the other day that they are estimated now at 510 Billion dollars. That is more than Microsoft and Google combined! Congrats Apple!!! BTW I don't know if you have checked out the app "Macworld" but it's a pretty good little mag with lots of articles, reviews and how to's for all Apple products and if I remember right it's a free download....I think. I downloaded it a long time ago so I may be wrong. :thumbs:

Maybe it's just me, but there appears to be a collective burn-out here. The forum has become more and more social, with less and less talk about - umm - Dragonvale. Things seem to be getting stale. I know they are for me as I just don't have anything left to do. If level 20 wasn't so ridiculous I'd be tempted to try that. Perhaps we have collectively mastered the game as it now stands.

I don't know about you, but I really need an update.

Poppy

Shhh...no...see...naughty boy! Lol I'm trying to finally work on my shrines again. Haha. Will be nice to get a update though. Some of us rushed through it too fast. lol Oh BTW Poppy I stopped by last night....LOVE the changes you have done! I think your islands are my favs...they just looked so perfect. :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back