What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

I'm so screwed. I really appreciate the more in depth analysis here.
Without having my caves to breed Irons for cash to buy the food necessary to feed the dragons, it seems like an impossible task.

Thanks Fletch!! Always the man!

Is it just me? I don't see your sig anymore...

Looked in on this today. Sorry to see it was closed down. It was a good idea. Maybe it can be set up elsewhere. I'm just catching up so if something's already been done I'll find it eventually. : thumbs:

Hazel gcid: hazzarrd13

Me too...I noticed the same thing...still catching up as well.

I'm gone for just under a week and hell no am I reading 400 pages haha :) hi everyone I'm back if u know me :) :p

sent from my iPad :p ... GCID:WraithS.A (me) , cawwottawight (sister), I<3lottie (brother)

*waves* Good to see you back! :thumbs:

I'm in a rut. I'm level 26. I can't seem to land on one plan and stick with it.

The questions I ask myself:
Do I save for my 5th island, or
Do I sit tight and save a whole bunch of DC and defer all decisions, or
Do I make and hoard a bunch of food and defer all decisions, or
Do I sell off a lot of decorations and build 2 more habitats, or
Do I keep trying for the last 2 dragons I can't seem to get, Frostfire and rainbow, or
Do I keep leveling plants up to 15 for 50, I have 8 done, or
Do I keep making more pan longs, I have 4, or

ANY COMBINATION OF THE ABOVE???

Is this game supposed to build character?

Well...I guess you need to know what direction you are going in...it's all personal preference in my opinion. Do you want gold shrines? Do you need the 5th island for room? Breeding magnetics or irons I think it was will get your quick cash and it will add up faster than your realize. I would need to know what you want to do with the game in order to give good advice... One thing I can say is if you are going for the gold you need cash and food...that is the first step...

StormEvans said:
Kessi to the rescue!

About the moon and sun thing between AM and PM...What timezone do they use to decide this then? If I'm correct to assume a request is sent to the server and an answer of that server decides what dragon you'll get on your game, then do they use their own timezone (MDT)?

No it's to do with the time on your device at least I think that's what fletch said but I can't be sure x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10 my sons GCID coxy 26

StormEvans said:
Alrighty, then my storm and clover dragon should about be done with breeding a sun dragon. :)

Congrats x x x

hazzarrd13 said:
Looked in on this today. Sorry to see it was closed down. It was a good idea. Maybe it can be set up elsewhere. I'm just catching up so if something's already been done I'll find it eventually. : thumbs:

Hazel gcid: hazzarrd13

What ?.. Why was it closed down x x x

Mc_Neeze, we both will end up with the exact same island lol. Awesome!

Sorry 250 I abandoned my original plan and am going to work on the metal as well as the final 6 of what i need for the four shrines after some wise words from Fletch. So what I have now is the limit of my Pan's. Not going to lie I am not going to miss breeding those guys.

Victoria123 said:
I'm in a rut. I'm level 26. I can't seem to land on one plan and stick with it.

The questions I ask myself:
Do I save for my 5th island, or
Do I sit tight and save a whole bunch of DC and defer all decisions, or
Do I make and hoard a bunch of food and defer all decisions, or
Do I sell off a lot of decorations and build 2 more habitats, or
Do I keep trying for the last 2 dragons I can't seem to get, Frostfire and rainbow, or
Do I keep leveling plants up to 15 for 50, I have 8 done, or
Do I keep making more pan longs, I have 4, or

ANY COMBINATION OF THE ABOVE???

Is this game supposed to build character?

Lol I think most of us get a bit indecisive at least once in our games, I have scratched my head on many occasion!!! I suppose you need to look at what you want most !!! I wanted everything now lol but that does not work !!!so I worked on shrines with pans in between breeding for limited dragons each time a new island was available I stopped growing food until i got enoughcash for the island then would continue with feeding until either a new dragon came out or another island ,I did this until I had all the islands and the shines pan covers gold, then took a break from shrines to try for the last dragon I needed a blue fire ,now I'm back to breeding and feeding again for the remaining shrines hope this helps a little at least lol x x x

Robotponys said:
I got a 13 hr breeding! I was using storm/lichen but got storms and one cactus. I did that 3 or 4 times then tried Storm/Clover and it worked first try!:D I tried in the special island and got a 14 hr. :mad:

Yay congrats on the bloom ,booo on the STUPID TREE lol x x x

Hey I just thought of something I could do with with a 6th Island. And by "thought of" I mean remembered something said much earlier in this thread. And by "I" I mean someone else came up with an idea that people seemed to like, but it was then lost as the thread continued.

Island Decorating Competition.

I can't remember who first suggested it and the search function isn't helping me find it. I think it's been bandied about a couple of different times but nothing has gotten off the ground. My thoughts are this:

• Contestants agree to wager a gem.
  • Contestants redo an island according to a theme (maybe each time a new dragon is released, so now is Bloom Dragon).
  • Contestants vote on favourite Island of 2 or 3 other contestants which are then given points according to some system like 4 points for first, 2 points for 2nd, 1 point for 3rd and of course they cannot vote for themselves.
  • Player earning the most points comes first, second highest number 2nd, etc and gems are awarded according to the number of contestants/gem we have to give out.

Maybe the theme is randomised instead of set, so there is 6 options and we randomly draw one after the call for contestants is closed. Also, we would have to allow a bit of time for people to decorate, because some habitats take 48 hours to build (without using gems, of course). And if we were worried about people stealing your ideas we might have to unfriend people so they can't peak at the works in progress until the time is up. Also, maybe people who aren't competing could be asked to vote for the winners as well. Anyway I thought it might be a good way of breaking the boredom between updates and giving people a break from the grind.

Thoughts?

That sounds like a great idea! I am in. I probably won't decorate...I need more space! lol But I will wager and hand out gems. :thumbs:

Victoria123 said:
Oh I forgot there's another question I ask myself... How many vitamins do I have to take every day to decipher what Poppy et al are talking about when I read stuff like:
You need
14 magnetics
32 pan longs
8 Chrystal's
And a partridge in a pear tree

Lol x x x

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back