What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS5 Jailbreak Strategy Guide

Mickey330 said:
Nope.

As of right now, there is no untethered JB for the iPad1 on iOS 5.x. The last UNtethered jailbreak was 4.3.3. for the iPad1.

Just have patience that the jailbreaking community will develop one...soon. :D

Marilyn

Correction, the last untethere jb was 4.3.3 for the iPad1 AND the iPad2.

Well, yeah. But, I was addressing the question about an iPad1.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

But, you're right, 4.3.3 the last UNtethered for both the iPad versions.

Mea culpa.

Marilyn

What's this? Will this work on iPad 2 eventually?

gotta wait and see, but that guy doesn't have an iPad 2 or 4S.

Oh and, Redsnow's next update should be hooking us up with downgrading, using our saved(5.0+) shsh blobs.
first post should be updated soon with all the info, stay tuned.

See jb

Attachments

• image-4231572949.png
    image-4231572949.png
    157.9 KB · Views: 181
Question:

Once they have release the Jailbreak for IOS 5.0 5.01 etc... Is the Jailbreakme.com 4.3.3 will be gone or just updated for the new JB?

Sorry newbie here still waiting for the new jb with my iPad 2 wifi 4.3.3 NOT JB haha :)

Pjon said:
Question:

Once they have release the Jailbreak for IOS 5.0 5.01 etc... Is the Jailbreakme.com 4.3.3 will be gone or just updated for the new JB?

Sorry newbie here still waiting for the new jb with my iPad 2 wifi 4.3.3 NOT JB haha :)

Well... Here is the thing.
Jailbreakme.com is only possible of there is a hole in the software, and a hole in safari.

Jailbreakme on 4.3.3 used a hole in safari's PDF viewer and used that to get the jailbreak data into the iPad. Then from there the code used another hole to do all the jailbreak stuff.

For jailbreakme to be updated for iOS 5, another bug or hole must be found in safari.

For the other half: I hope they leave the JailbreakMe 3.0 site as is. There are some people who want to stay at iOS 4.3.3 and this is the most easiest jailbreak process available.

My guess is if they do make a jailbreak that can be access via the web/Safari, they'll put it on a different sub-domain of that site. So you can click to go to the jailbreak for your iOS.

Of course, all that assumes "they'll" be able to jailbreak iOS 5 the same way ... as graywolf so aptly pointed out. :)

Marilyn

hi guyz, i'm new here.

my brother both a new ipad 2 3g. but it's on 4.3.5 firmware.. any chance i can still prepare it for the ios 5 jailbreak? what specifically specific firmware does the jb team is working? am i too late to update only on exactly ios 5?

c_strong said:
hi guyz, i'm new here.

my brother both a new ipad 2 3g. but it's on 4.3.5 firmware.. any chance i can still prepare it for the ios 5 jailbreak? what specifically specific firmware does the jb team is working? am i too late to update only on exactly ios 5?

There are many threads already on this, please search.

Only iPad 2 on 4.3.3 is able to be jailbroken right now. And you can't downgrade unless you have blobs saved for 4.3.3. (if you have no idea what I am taking about, then you most likely don't have them :))

There are many threads already on this, please search.

Only iPad 2 on 4.3.3 is able to be jailbroken right now. And you can't downgrade unless you have blobs saved for 4.3.3. (if you have no idea what I am taking about, then you most likely don't have them :))

hi sir, thanks for your reply but don't get me wrong. i know that the jb is only for 4.3.3.. i'm asking if i can prepare it on the next jb version? should i stay 4.3.5 or upgrade it for now? is the next probable jailbreake version exactly ios5?

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back