What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest OS versions - discussions

I’ve never known an update cause so many problems for example the Daily Star site won’t load pictures after the first couple of inches of the page then it just goes white and reloads then it’s a repeat cycle of that.
Here is another disgusting bug that the ios15.1 gave me. It is regarding my DEFAULT mail. Notice the sentence at the top of the screenshot. It says “Your network settings prevent content from loading privately “. I have no idea what that means. I have been through network settings and private settings and still have no idea how to fix it other than tapping on the blue link which then opens the content. I should add that I had opened the content before I took the screenshot.

Attachments

• 158B6903-499D-4FDB-932E-21D1B944BFE3.png
    158B6903-499D-4FDB-932E-21D1B944BFE3.png
    413.5 KB · Views: 145
I’m getting the same problem on the Daily Mirror site now it loads the top of the page then white screen and reload in a loop.

Load page.
E938FC67-C91F-42FA-A0D0-7E596FCBB1ED.png

scroll down an inch
B608697E-5599-45B8-B17B-1E3CADE66674.png

Scroll down another inch
9C99B19B-2859-4199-BF2C-89EB77F1489C.png

Then it reloads
ACBF4DFD-3A20-4EE0-ADB1-3D5F126182B3.png

I look at quite a few UK newspapers each day, although neither of the above, and I have not had this problem. It may not be iOS but the newspaper code: just a thought.

Btw, you could try PressReader, with free access if you have joined a library.

Both the Mirror and Star were fine the day before I updated.

I have just tried both and they are slow to load, but then both have a lot of pictures: Lirium app shows an awful lot of cpu use, which will drain the battery. I do not get the reload you mention, and this on my my now ancient ipad air 2 using Safari.

(Further comment on PressReader, in case it is of interest to others. The newspapers and magazines are worldwide and not just in English)

To Geezerbill, it sounds like you’re referring to the ‘new’ Private Relay feature which was introduced in iOS15 and iPadOS15 for all iCloud users who qualify for an iCloud+ account, but is still in Beta at present.

It needs a little explaining, but luckily there is an Apple Support note which does just that…….
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT212614#websites

iOS 15.1.1 has been released. It improves call-drop performance on iPhone 12 and 13 models.

Last edited:
I’ve got a feeling my problem is AdBlock connected turning it off helps but of course lots and lots of intrusive ads.

Hmmm all very strange but my problem seems to have righted itself for no apparent reason.

Safari for Big Sur and Catalina (Mac) was updated to version 15.2.
There was also an update for the HomePod to software version 15.2.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back