What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest OS versions - discussions

Unlike receiving email, many email clients require authentication to send. It's often a different server address. It sounds like the update messed up your authentication token, password, or whatever method they use today.

The update itself probably isn't the issue, just your email settings/authentication.

Assuming you are using a modern email account like Google, iCloud, or Hotmail, you can try removing and re-adding your account in Settings > Mail > Accounts. Don't worry about the pop-up that says it will delete info. That is only on the iPad. It will not go to the email server and delete the online information, When you re-add the account it will sync the information back to the ipad.

Or you can just try signing out/into those accounts. That might work.

If you have an older account, or one from your ISP, you should first make sure it is IMAP or Exchange. The POP3 servers do not keep all your email on the server. At least not normally.

My iPad Air is up to date and I’ve had no issues so far with anything. Still have to run it on my iPhone yet.

My iPhone resumed sending mail after a network reset. The iPad seemed hopeless, so I traded it on a new iPad10. Now I’m updating my old iMac to Catalina, in hopes I’ll be able to restore the old iPad’s iTunes backup tomorrow. I had to buy a USB-to-USBC cable.

I miss the Home button.
I still have one on my iPad Mini. Sometimes I pick it up and stare at it before I figure out it isn't going to open on it's own. Other times, I'll get slightly annoyed that I have to pick my iPhone up off the table, or bend over it to unlock.

All said and done, I find the Face ID more convenient than Touch ID, but it's not all positives.

Give it a while, a month or so, and think back on it. You might find the plusses worth the trouble of learning the-new-thing. :)

Apple rereleased iOS and iPadOS 17.6.1. watchOS 10.6.1 and tvOS 17.6.1 have been published today.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back