What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

KevinJS said:
Should get busier in a while. It's about time for the UK to start waking up.

Indeed, Kevin. I have been up for a couple of hours. Dawn has broken to an overcast autumnal day. I think folks will be tempted to stay indoors and ponder over their iPads etc next to steaming mugs of tea! :)

I'm off to run a stall at our church card fair today. 9.00 am to set up the stall.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Richard Brown said:
Indeed, Kevin. I have been up for a couple of hours. Dawn has broken to an overcast autumnal day. I think folks will be tempted to stay indoors and ponder over their iPads etc next to steaming mugs of tea! :)

I'm off to run a stall at our church card fair today. 9.00 am to set up the stall.

Show us some photos of the card fair.:)

Oh, I've been up a few hours too. Big day today. Party day for daughter. Oven has been on for awhile

Creatures in the science dept? Hmmm? We've had rats. They stunk! Can't really abide them. I prefer hamsters etc... We've had locusts, fish, African land snails, huge slugs and those sea monkey things. Can't remember their name. Will get back to you on that. The kids occasionally bring in birds but our resident bird expert (not a twitcher so he says) put them back unless injured.
Brine shrimp! The sea monkeys, that is.
Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Last edited:
I had that happen with ladybugs. I sent for them and they escaped from their shipping box. My classroom was covered. The aides and I spent a lot of time collecting ladybugs. :).

Now I've got over the step up in the forum world, here are some photos from the card fair.

image-2520461301.jpg

image-3378815897.jpg

image-954943650.jpg

image-2454749674.jpg

The next photo is of the stall which 2 of us ran. It's Fairtrade.

image-251133682.jpg

Some other pics.

image-208013992.jpg

image-1712402051.jpg

image-3965543765.jpg

image-1286686871.jpg

I took a liking to these postcards. Painted by Simon Turvey, a member of the Society of Wildlife Artists.

Attachments

• image-2880320289.jpg
    image-2880320289.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 109
AdmiralAdama said:
The cards in the last panel are gorgeous.

AA

Yes, aren't they. I bought them for 20p each. Google "Simon Turvey artist" and you will get loads of hits. His work looks comparable with Tunnicliffe's. I could talk about Tunniclffe, but that's another tale.

This links you to the Society of Wildlife Artists. http://swla.co.uk/members-list/simon-turvey/?pid=589

LOL

A couple weeks ago in school, my friend had a piece of paper, and she poked me and said "hey,read this." And I was like "Uhh, ok..." I took it and it said:
Dont call my name
Dont call my name
Alejandro
Im not your babe
Im nor your babe
Fernando

And I was like, "why are you writing lyrics to a song?" And she said, CUZ ITS CREEPY!"
I agree with her. That song is creepy.
But cool :)

@ Richard--love the pictures, particularly the wildlife shots!! Wonderful time you had!

Thanks for sharing! :)

skimonkey said:
@ Richard--love the pictures, particularly the wildlife shots!! Wonderful time you had!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Thx, Skimonkey. The morning went by quickly, and we sold quite a lot of cards and gifts. :)

Richard, thanks for showing us the photos. I have to agree with the Admiral, those last 4 cards are gorgeous!

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back