What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather

It is soooo cold here today
I need to get out of Melbourne and return to the warmth of Vanuatu

Have you girls considered raised flower beds. Easy to make and once you've done it, you just top up. Of course, if that's not allowed then, hey ho! I must go and top up my gardening thread! Thanks for reminding me!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Hayles66 said:
Have you girls considered raised flower beds. Easy to make and once you've done it, you just top up. Of course, if that's not allowed then, hey ho! I must go and top up my gardening thread! Thanks for reminding me!

I haven't done that, but sure does sound nice and less work. Is it, Hayles?

skimonkey said:
I haven't done that, but sure does sound nice and less work. Is it, Hayles?

Hi Carol, how are you? This is kambal, the pamangkin of Tito Quake.

Four pieces of treated wood into a square, triangle, etc... staked if possible, and then fill with compost. Keep treating wood with preservative and should last a long time. Our veg garden is raised beds, less bending over if high enough and you could have seats on edges depending on thickness of wood. Loads of ideas. Preparation is key. Our beds were put in 2000 and still going strong with repairs when necessary. I painted them blue just to be different with grey gravel round the outside. Looked lovely. Fruit trees around the outside.

@Hayles. I don't know whether you can get it your side of the pond, but I use Western Red Cedar for gardening projects as it doesn't rot; no need for preservatives when you use that stuff.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

rrppv said:
Hi Carol, how are you? This is kambal, the pamangkin of Tito Quake.

Well hi there Kambal-pleased to meet you! Do you have an ipad also like your tito quake?

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Hayles66 said:
Four pieces of treated wood into a square, triangle, etc... staked if possible, and then fill with compost. Keep treating wood with preservative and should last a long time. Our veg garden is raised beds, less bending over if high enough and you could have seats on edges depending on thickness of wood. Loads of ideas. Preparation is key. Our beds were put in 2000 and still going strong with repairs when necessary. I painted them blue just to be different with grey gravel round the outside. Looked lovely. Fruit trees around the outside.

In one of my last building projects- work wise - I had to introduce some seating, paladin compounds and planters. I proposed using recycled materials, and converting old sheds for the paladins, to improve the environmental rating of the scheme.

We had raised planters and seating and tables all made from railway sleeper baulks made from recycled plastics. It all looked great, was fire and vandal proof and worked set in an estate of council flats.

Old car parts were used in the manufacture of the baulks.

On the Eco side, there is an annual exhibition at Earls Court very well worth a visit. The exhibition is called Ecobuild. Try a Google :) :) :) :) :) + an apple ;)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Definitely mate! Soo glad it's the weekend. Celebrated with a English breakfast baked potato. See food thread

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back